The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Hippysnake
Got a letter this morning.

Interview, 2nd March, OMGWTFBBQ.

Congrats man, by any chance could you tell me your academics and did you get an email as well:smile:
madani191
Congrats man, by any chance could you tell me your academics and did you get an email as well:smile:

Academics-

5A* 4A 1B 1D
AAAA @ AS All>90%
A*A*A* Predicted Maths, Chem Bio.
6.5, 5.1, 7.5 BMAT

The letter said I should reply to an email, but I don't have an email yet? There is a phone number that I'll call on Monday.
Reply 922
Hippysnake
Academics-

5A* 4A 1B 1D
AAAA @ AS All>90%
A*A*A* Predicted Maths, Chem Bio.
6.5, 5.1, 7.5 BMAT

The letter said I should reply to an email, but I don't have an email yet? There is a phone number that I'll call on Monday.

lol that happened to me exactly 2-3 weeks ago. I recieved an interview letter on Saturday and it said to reply to the email....but there was no email! I eventually got the email the following Monday. So just wait till Monday i guess :smile:
Hippysnake
Got a letter this morning.

Interview, 2nd March, OMGWTFBBQ.

congrats

seems like they still interview in march which is good to know
Neomaster121
congrats

seems like they still interview in march which is good to know

You'll probably get yours soon as well!
Hippysnake

i doubt it but i'll try to hold back my negative thoughts for another week:rolleyes:
Well done Hippy :smile: you give me hope! It's not over yet...
UCL don't guarantee interviews for people that get 5, 5, 9 anymore for 2011 entry :frown:
Reply 928
Master.K
UCL don't guarantee interviews for people that get 5, 5, 9 anymore for 2011 entry :frown:

Why?
Reply 929
Hippysnake

:biggrin: , good luck with your pending interview :smile:
hawflo
Why?

Dunno:dontknow:

I sent them an email and they replied:
'For 2011 entry we will not use a high BMAT score to guarantee interviews as we have in past admissions cycles. As in previous admissions cycles the BMAT scores will be taken into account along with academic grades, the personal statement, reference, work experience etc. High BMAT scores in each section of the test will strengthen an application, but will not guarantee an interview. Candidates with scores that are significantly below the average for their cohort are unlikely to be successful.'
Master.K
Dunno:dontknow:

I sent them an email and they replied:
'For 2011 entry we will not use a high BMAT score to guarantee interviews as we have in past admissions cycles. As in previous admissions cycles the BMAT scores will be taken into account along with academic grades, the personal statement, reference, work experience etc. High BMAT scores in each section of the test will strengthen an application, but will not guarantee an interview. Candidates with scores that are significantly below the average for their cohort are unlikely to be successful.'

It's probably because they realised some people who end up scoring 5,5,9 are actually quite stupid and that it was down to luck.

Don't get me wrong, the majority are pretty smart, but they've probably realised that there are many very strong applicants being dragged down by their BMAT scores, which may have been down to pure bad luck.
hawflo
:biggrin: , good luck with your pending interview :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Hippysnake
It's probably because they realised some people who end up scoring 5,5,9 are actually quite stupid and that it was down to luck.

Don't get me wrong, the majority are pretty smart, but they've probably realised that there are many very strong applicants being dragged down by their BMAT scores, which may have been down to pure bad luck.

True Say.:rolleyes:
Hippysnake

Yeah I agree, I don't think they should guarantee interviews to high BMAT scores. It just gives them less opportunity to choose better 'potential doctors' as interviews are occassionally 'wasted' on clever people, if you see what i mean!

congrats btw for UCL
kjk

so hold on hold on

i got my offer form ucl wahoooooooooooooo

i am going to go to ucl wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Scherzando225
Yeah I agree, I don't think they should guarantee interviews to high BMAT scores. It just gives them less opportunity to choose better 'potential doctors' as interviews are occassionally 'wasted' on clever people, if you see what i mean!

congrats btw for UCL

Thanks, although it's just an interview, it's also hope for others who're hoping for March interviews.
Hippysnake

Congrats on your interview, I'm really happy for you! :biggrin:
Hippysnake
Thanks, although it's just an interview, it's also hope for others who're hoping for March interviews.

well statistically, you've got like 75% chance of an offer, so you've done the hard part! :smile:
Scherzando225
well statistically, you've got like 75% chance of an offer, so you've done the hard part! :smile:

I have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending