The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anon the 7th
if it has a picture and date of birth then it should be ok though right?

No, loads of places won't accept it.
butchered_wyer
your female and good looking...most bouncers will let you in no problem:rolleyes: however get a passport/provisional just in case

[scrollr][/scrollr]
moreiniho
No, loads of places won't accept it.

ah well

just as well I have my driving license then eh lol
I'd say definitely get ID if you want to go clubbing and/or purchase alcohol (and any other 18+ items) from shops. The local pub may accept university cards, but I'm guessing most big clubs won't, particularly outside the area. You may end up missing out without it, and being ID'd without ID is a pretty embarrassing situation.
yeah i see you're coming to manchester

nowhere in town will let you in without a passport or driving license, simple as that :/ it's some challenge 21 thing they enforce.
Reply 25
Anon the 7th
ah well

just as well I have my driving license then eh lol

Driving Licenses are the way to go.
Clubs will most likely have a policy of 'passport or driving licence only'. You don't have to be 18 to go to uni. In the uni owned places you'll probably be fine, as they are more likely to give staff pictures of any under 18 students than to ID everyone. But elsewhere it will be up to the bouncer. Being a girl will give you more of a chance, but you still risk being turned away.

In short, get the provisional.
Reply 27
Really depends where you want to go,
5th av/42's/Pure/Tiger tiger/Opus etc = ID
gay village = blag your way in
Other nights = get wristbands and they usually don't ID
Or fake the stamp
or get a friend to use a smokers wristband to get you in :P
apart from the that, sleep with the bouncers or pay for your ID card
moreiniho
Driving Licenses are the way to go.

they are

i wish they did them in blue though...pink is :yucky:
Unless you want to be one of those people that only ever goes to the union, get id.
Anon the 7th
if it has a picture and date of birth then it should be ok though right?

Nope, only someone wanting to get sacked would accept a student card as ID.
You'll most definitely need ID.
What about your passport?
Don't know if your provisional will come on time though.
Reply 32
basically my i.d wont be ready until the midle of freshers :frown:
i know i might be ok with the su - due to nus card
but if people go to the pub im going to be a looser on my own :o:
doesnt help im in crap accommodation, which is apparently hard to make friends in, due to being a studio flat on my own.
do you think if i explain to ppl they'll be okay and hide me in the pub :rolleyes:
Reply 33
??
Reply 34
Your University will probably give you a student card for getting into buildings and things and this can probably be used as Id.
Reply 35
Not got a passport or provisional/full driving license?

You'd still be able to go to pubs - might get served depending on how old you look/how un-strict the pub is :tongue:

How come you've got no main form of ID?
I haven't either, don't worry. SF still have my birth certificate so I can't send off for my provisional yet :rolleyes: just stick to going to the SU with your campus card; that's my plan!
order a provisional license quick

it's up to you whether or not you think the £50 (is that right?) or whatever the amount is is worth you not going out

would you rather pay £50 or not go out? your choice.
Reply 38
surely you have at least an out of date passport?
Reply 39
To be honest I don't think I ever got ID'd at uni last year...especially in Freshers! and I don't exactly look my age!
In freshers they know everyone is a student which means you are almost certainly over the age of 18...so, from experience, they simply don't bother! I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending