The Student Room Group

Anyone changed their name before uni?

I changed my name but i dont have any photo id with my new name, will i still be able to register with the uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I changed my name but i dont have any photo id with my new name, will i still be able to register with the uni?

why did u change ur name, just curious u don't have to tell me.
Reply 2

Hopefully it will be enough to show photo id with your old name together with the evidence of having changed your name since. It will be up to the university to decide what it considers to be sufficient evidence.

What method did you use to change your name? And how recently did you do it?
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
Hopefully it will be enough to show photo id with your old name together with the evidence of having changed your name since. It will be up to the university to decide what it considers to be sufficient evidence.

What method did you use to change your name? And how recently did you do it?

I used a deed poll, like in july
Reply 4
I used a deed poll, like in july

And have you applied for new photo id, but just not received it yet? When you change your name normally getting new official widely-recognised ID documents (passport, driving licence, etc) is top of the list of things to sort out.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
And have you applied for new photo id, but just not received it yet? When you change your name normally getting new official widely-recognised ID documents (passport, driving licence, etc) is top of the list of things to sort out.

Ive applied but its gonna take like 10 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending