The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

ECS Students: Free Microsoft software

Just a note for any ECS students on here. You can get free microsoft software, including Windows 7 Professional, for absolutely nothing.

Log in to your soton email at https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk and find the email regarding MSDN:AA (e-academy). You can then log on to get a whole bunch of Microsoft software for nothing.

Im a little annoyed. I pre-ordered windows 7. Ah well, my dad can have it :p:.
Reply 1
Is it 1 key per student?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I havent attempted to get more but I beleive it is.

However, you can have windows 7 pro x64, windows 7 pro x86, windows 7 home premium x64 and 7 home premium x86.

I beleive you can have 1 of each :P. Vista and XP is there as well.
Reply 3
Shame I'm not a ECS student; that sounds great!
Reply 4
I could be wrong, but because its MSDN I think you can use the key as many times as you want, so if you have more than one computer.
adamscybot
I havent attempted to get more but I beleive it is.

However, you can have windows 7 pro x64, windows 7 pro x86, windows 7 home premium x64 and 7 home premium x86.

I beleive you can have 1 of each :P. Vista and XP is there as well.

No you can't. You can only get pro, home premium isn't there. But yes, you get a product key for x86 and x86_64 - so you can have two licenses, and they aren't version dependant, so as long as you use it on Pro you get two licenses of any mix of 64 and 32-bit. Which is nice.

=D
Reply 6
omicronlyrae
No you can't. You can only get pro, home premium isn't there. But yes, you get a product key for x86 and x86_64 - so you can have two licenses, and they aren't version dependant, so as long as you use it on Pro you get two licenses of any mix of 64 and 32-bit. Which is nice.

=D

So I can use a 32-bit license on x64? awesome.

Latest

Trending

Trending