The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
saiyamana
Ads can often be a distraction.... one may flick to the back page because they find 'the human heart' too hard to understand. Its not really encouraging people to learn....

What now adays does encourage people to learn? Clearly the point of ads in textbooks has nothing to do with learning. HOPEFULLY, ads in textbooks would benefit students in saving money on textbooks.

When you read the newspaper, do ads typically bother you??? If they do, then the article you're reading probably isn't that interesting (or you have a hard time focusing on reading). I'm just saying, would you want to pay double for a newspaper without ads? Because that's probably what it'll cost you if newspapers didn't run ads.

The same can be applied for textbooks, and i still don't understand why people are so much against it. To be against advertising is one thing; i'm completely against it, but i don't get suckered into it. We're talking about college students (hopefully intelligent) won't just start buying various items because of subliminal effects. And i would personally rather pay half the cost of a textbook with ads than full price for a textbook without ads.

Latest

Trending

Trending