The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Unlucky, hope you get back on track soon!
Reply 21
Thank youu :smile: You got a blog at all?

Also from my pic's it's obvious I have both quite a bit of fat and not a lot of muscle haha.

So what would you guy's say?

Cut, bulk, cut?

Or big bulk, big cut?
Reply 22
obviously bulk man, you are already quite lean but dont have much muscle so get on it and start throwing around some big weights!
Reply 23
Yeah my blogs called "solid as a greek statue".

I'd say i'd see how bulking goes and if you put on quite a bit of fat then over bulk and cut. Its personal choice whether you want to do a few bulk/cuts and it also depends on how long it will take you to bulk... aka how big you want to get. just keep up cardio along bulking
Reply 24
To me it makes little sense to cut before you bulk. Your only going to put some fat on when you bulk
Reply 25
Okay bulk it is then.

Day 1
Well suffering from hangover since I stupidly decided that since I said i wasn't going to drink for 10 months I would make up for it in a night haha.

Woke up at 12:30pm, couldn't eat, could barely get off the bed without feeling sick. Anyway since then had:

2 bowls of shreddies + milk
Nice big plate of chili con carne
Couple of ham + salad sandwiches

Will have something later on too. (Know it's not ideal but I havn't had time to go to shop yet)

Anyway just got back from gym:

BB Bench Press: 35kg 3x8
Shoulder Press: 25kg 3x8
Standing Cable Fly: 12.5kg 2x10
DB Bicep Curl: 12.5kg 3x8
Squat: 35kg 3x8
Leg Extension: 130kg 3x8
Calf Raise: 35kg 2x10

No problem's with any of them, most of them felt light so considering the lack of good food in me, first time, and the hangover, will crank the weight back up. Shoulder was fine, bit stiff towards the end but I expected that.

One quick question, thing's like standing cable fly and DB curl's I have put the weight of one side or one DB. Is that right or do I put down the weight of the total of both hand's?
Reply 26
Back is bit achey for some reason :s. Leg's feel a bit achey too but meh it feels brilliant to be back.

One problem i do have is I find it hard to sleep, meaning I generally get 5-6 hours a night. I know the ideal is 8 but is this going to effect gains too much?
Reply 27
35kg bench??

you look stronger than that man!

for DB work normally put the weight of each DB, so as you did, with BB work write down the toal weight including the bar. but so long as you write it the same way every time doesnt really matter as you can see if you are making progress.

dont worry about the sleep, so long as you dont feel tired you will be OK, but if you are having problems getting to sleep and still waking up and feeling really tired all day then go see the doc and get something sorted as thats not right. some people just dont need much sleep
Reply 28
rozzr
35kg bench??

you look stronger than that man!

Like I said this is first time I have lifted any weight in the gym since I broke shoulder, it's took a long time to get this far and i didn't want to **** it up by sticking 60kg on and having it buckle. Will start sticking it up 5-7.5kg a time like most of the lifts and see how it goes.

rozzr
dont worry about the sleep, so long as you dont feel tired you will be OK, but if you are having problems getting to sleep and still waking up and feeling really tired all day then go see the doc and get something sorted as thats not right. some people just dont need much sleep

Ok cheers, don't feel too bad so probably just don't need it.

One small problem I have is that usually sometimes when I go to gym, especially if it is when I havn't been in for a little bit or I have a good session. I get these weird stretch mark lines on my shoulders/back. Yet they seem to fade within a few days? There not painful at all but does anyone know what these are? Have attatched a pic.
Reply 29
Rucklo
Like I said this is first time I have lifted any weight in the gym since I broke shoulder, it's took a long time to get this war and i didn't want to **** it up by sticking 60kg on and having it buckle. Will start sticking it up 5-7.5kg a time like most of the lifts and see how it goes.

Ok cheers, don't feel too bad so probably just don't need it.

One small problem I have is that usually sometimes when I go to gym, especially if it is when I havn't been in for a little bit or I have a good session. I get these weird stretch mark lines on my shoulders/back. Yet they seem to fade within a few days? There not painful at all but does anyone know what these are? Have attatched a pic.

the marks are gonna be from doing calf press, squats or something - anything that puts the bar on your back or something, happens all the time.

makes sense about lifting.

wierd ass pic btw, lol couldnt work out what i was looking at!
Reply 30
Day 2

Haha yeah my camera is **** so to get the line's to show I had to do it by my bright lamp in my room, why it looks weird. Annddd ahh thanks, didn't know that.

Well been aching quite a bit today, I tend to find after 3 or 4 sessions I never do so it's just the first week I need to get through.

Diet today:
7:30am - Cereal + Milk + Apple + Multivitamin
11:00am - 2 Bacon Samwiches
1:00pm - 2 Ham + Salad samwiches
5:00pm - Fish + Potato + Pea's

2-3 litres of water

Will have another bowl of cereal later and maybe throw a protein shake in. Concerned i'm not getting enough protein but will see how it goes.
Reply 31
Today has been pant's so far. Had full day at college, forgot to take any food and had driving lesson in lunch so couldn't get any. Managed a bowl of cerial and 2 pints of milk. Will have tea in 30 mins and try make up for it this evening. Going to gym a bit later with mate too so that should be cool. Meh.
Reply 32
Day 3

Had a big ass bowl of pasta and threw some bacon in to give a bit more protein, just got back from gym. Was soo damn full I either got there at wrong time or they have got more members now.

Leg's still sore and couldn't get a squat rack so was like meh **** it and didn't bother. Was planning to deadlift but was never free when I was free.

Leg Press 120kg 3x10 (Legs still sore from sunday so didn't up the weight)
BB Bench Press 45kg 3x10 (Felt heavy, guess I lost a lot of muscle and shoulder is weaker, ahh well will work it back)
Lat Pull Down 50kg 3x10 (Felt fine, could have done more)
Shoulder Press 30kg 3x10 (Meh was ok)
Calf Raises 35kg 3x10 (Lol was waiting for people to gtfo)
Some weird abductor machine 65kg 3x10 (Again waiting for ******* people to move)
BB Row's 50kg 3x8 (Was okay)
Seated Cable Row 40kg 3x10 (Fine)
DB Bicep Curl 15kg 3x10 (Fine)

Messed around with some ab work at the end.

----

As you can see, the workout I had before I have kind of thrown in the bin, but meh everything carries on going up I don't see the problem, will carry on doing full body workouts until weight is increased to a point I need the rest.
Rucklo

WARNING: YES THIS IS WHAT 3 MONTHS OF JUNK FOOD AND NO GYM DOES TO YOU. DON'T LET YOUR WORK GO TO WASTE.

:O It'll do worse to my body :laugh:!
And nothing is wrong with your body OP! don't put on too much muscle :frown:
Strawberrycayk
don't put on too much muscle :frown:

:evil:Return from whence you came.:devil3:
Gone Revising
:evil:Return from whence you came.:devil3:

:rolleyes:

No :p: whatcha gonna doo? :p:
Strawberrycayk
:rolleyes:

No :p: whatcha gonna doo? :p: