The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

apb09
I don't really understand the pattern of it, whether it was because we're not from England/London and we don't get first priority (we live in Belfast). Our UKCATs and GCSEs don't go against us at all.

Not to be so blunt or rude - but why have you ignored the possibility that it could be that your interview (from their point of view) didn't go well?
Reply 1701
Yes I read over that afterwards and realised I hadn't included my interview was a shambles. I turned up looking hungover, because I had had the flu for the past 3 days and dragged myself out of bed for 3am to get the flight.
Having said that the other 2 girls had great interviews.
Reply 1702
apb09
I had my interview on the 10th December, with 2 other girls from my school. We all had the same interviewers and were placed on the waiting list. I don't really understand the pattern of it, whether it was because we're not from England/London and we don't get first priority (we live in Belfast). Our UKCATs and GCSEs don't go against us at all.

Bad interview? I'm kinda sick of this it's because I'm not posh/white/londoner etc.
apb09
Yes I read over that afterwards and realised I hadn't included my interview was a shambles. I turned up looking hungover, because I had had the flu for the past 3 days and dragged myself out of bed for 3am to get the flight.
Having said that the other 2 girls had great interviews.

In their own views, they were great - the interviewers on the other side of the table may have had a completely different perception of how their interviews went.
Reply 1704
Yes well observed but to be honest that's not really what I'm getting at, I think the people waitlisted will be able to appreciate the frustration of being made to wait so long.
If our interviews were not so great "from the other side of the table" then the most rational thing would have been to reject us.

I know I didn't have a good interview, I dont really need other people to read between the lines and disect that fact for me - of course everyone who applies has excellent GCSEs and UKCAT, so everyone is in the same boat with respect to those
apb09
Yes well observed but to be honest that's not really what I'm getting at, I think the people waitlisted will be able to appreciate the frustration of being made to wait so long.
If our interviews were not so great "from the other side of the table" then the most rational thing would have been to reject us.

I fully appreciate that the process is very drawn out - really.

GKT were interviewing all the way up to about a fortnight ago according to this page on the wiki:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_2010_Entry#King.E2.80.99s_College_London

So they might be getting through their final batch of applicants before working through who is left, such as yourself? This is purely speculation, I'm afraid, but I don't think anyone here has the answer.
Reply 1706

Cheers for the link!

Oh I know, I think everyone here would love to know how any admission department works. Just keeping the fingers crossed for king's, dont know whether to firm for QUB or to take a gap year, and reapply next year - but to go through this whole process again would be a nightmare.
Greetings fellow waitinglisters.

I received an e-mail from them today. They said that they will notify people on the waiting list after the final interviews. They said that they aim to tell us by the end of April at the latest.

Fun. I had my (mediocre) interview in November....
Sakujo
So I'm I correct in thinking that anything you don't have they'll give to you and it won't be a problem?

You are indeed. Obviously its not going to harm getting started but I really wouldn't bother if wherever you go makes you shell out for it.
End of April?- that seems too far away. So i guess i ll stop expecting any replies from them anytime soon.
Anyone bearing an idea as to why applicants are placed on waitng lists and how this whole thing really works? I have a feeling it was my interview i faltered at which but me down. but honestly, i dont even know.
Do kings give feedback for rejected applicants? i've just recieved the reply via ucas, nothing else.

how long does it take?
Leicester still haven't updated my track! So I can't firm King's! It's been like two weeks since I got the offer from Leicester in a letter..ho hum. Is anyone else still waiting to firm King's? :smile:
Who's coming to the open day tomorrow?
Reply 1713
CarinaMcCurdy
Cheers! :biggrin: Yeah, I'm going for the five-year course. Have you been interviewed by King's yet?

Yhh in november... I was lucky i think.. I had no science questions at all!
Oh my days, applying for accommodation is so confusing I think I'm gonna have to ring them tomorrow!
billet-doux
Oh my days, applying for accommodation is so confusing I think I'm gonna have to ring them tomorrow!

What are you having trouble with?
It's ok I don't have any problems now, I rung them up and they've received my application :biggrin:
Reply 1717
By the way, after you'd selected your firm and insurance offers...would the universities get back to you to confirm? I havnt heard anything from Kings :s
ramzy91
By the way, after you'd selected your firm and insurance offers...would the universities get back to you to confirm? I havnt heard anything from Kings :s

I haven't heard from them either, after firming.

What is everyone writing for the Mantoux test in the occupational health form? :s-smilie:
Which Campus do medics spend most of their time in? For lectures etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending