The Student Room Group

UK Student Applying TO UCLA in 2011!!

Hello,
Im currently taking my GCSE'S and have always dreamt of studying Film
Production/Direction as a degree. I know im young, but we have to think about our options now.. right.
Anyways I've always been passionate about Filmmaking and I'm quite talented. I was searching for degrees in Film Production in the UK (London)
It is very limited, as the degrees offered are only Film Studies, in places like Imperial and UCL..
So I have Family in America, and i noticed that America does the degree I wanbt to. Ive done ton's of reserach on it. I know it's difficult e.c.t But I was just wondering if someone could sumamrise the process for me.

Im an A grade Student expecting A* in my 11 GCSE'S , I'm hoping to take 'Film Studies, History, Photography and Maths and Critical Thinking' as A Levels, I have set up a Film Club in my secondary school. I attend Filmmakig courses and I made my own films.. ..

Can anyone tell me if I will eb able to take the FILM PRODUCTION/DIRECTING BA at UCLA, in Fall 2011?
with my progress? :smile:
Reply 1
Anyonee??:frown:
Reply 2
It sounds like you have a shot, but your best bet is to contact the university. Also, since you have family there, you may want to go for a visit in summer 2010. Many US students visit universities during their junior year of high school, and if I'm correct, you'll have 2 years left after your GCSEs. So the summer before you A levels would be brilliant, as you can get some feedback from the uni to see what they are looking for. You can guide your A levels in that direction as well as work on your portfolio.

In regards to funding, you can have a look at the Fulbright scholarship and start planning accordingly as it's highly competitive.

Best of luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending