Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Im currently taking my GCSE'S and have always dreamt of studying Film
    Production/Direction as a degree. I know im young, but we have to think about our options now.. right.
    Anyways I've always been passionate about Filmmaking and I'm quite talented. I was searching for degrees in Film Production in the UK (London)
    It is very limited, as the degrees offered are only Film Studies, in places like Imperial and UCL..
    So I have Family in America, and i noticed that America does the degree I wanbt to. Ive done ton's of reserach on it. I know it's difficult e.c.t But I was just wondering if someone could sumamrise the process for me.

Im an A grade Student expecting A* in my 11 GCSE'S , I'm hoping to take 'Film Studies, History, Photography and Maths and Critical Thinking' as A Levels, I have set up a Film Club in my secondary school. I attend Filmmakig courses and I made my own films.. ..

Can anyone tell me if I will eb able to take the FILM PRODUCTION/DIRECTING BA at UCLA, in Fall 2011?
    with my progress?

ReputationRep:
    Anyonee??

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you have a shot, but your best bet is to contact the university. Also, since you have family there, you may want to go for a visit in summer 2010. Many US students visit universities during their junior year of high school, and if I'm correct, you'll have 2 years left after your GCSEs. So the summer before you A levels would be brilliant, as you can get some feedback from the uni to see what they are looking for. You can guide your A levels in that direction as well as work on your portfolio.

In regards to funding, you can have a look at the Fulbright scholarship and start planning accordingly as it's highly competitive.

Best of luck.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.