The Student Room Group
I'm also interested in birmingham, MSc Investments.
What about Exeter Aston and Sheffield for the same programme?
If you're concentrating on getting a job after you graduate, this is how I would rank them in terms of employability at the top companies:

Imperial (very famous MSc Finance program)
Bristol (awesome reputation with investment banks and consultants)
Durham (okay with investment banks, very good with consultants)
Birmingham/York (both okay overall)
Reply 3
I would say that Bristol is the top university for employment out of that bunch- in my opinion it has a better reputation than Imperial in the top companies. Don't be fooled by a lot of people on this website who are 18 and know *****. Imperial is not great for finance. I would also recommend York, it has a very strong economics department.

1. Bristol
2. York
3. Durham
4. Imperial
5. Birmingham
Reply 4
the place I currently work for (big ibank), ranks the schools in the following manner (for recruitment purposes):

imperial (grade A)
york and bristol (grade B)
durham (grade C) <-- I was surprised, I had heard they were pretty good

birmingham... dont remember what ranking it had..

hope this helps
I think one thing that most people here can agree on is that Bristol is very good, arguably first or second.

Imperial seems to be debated by one person, but definitely could be said to be tied with Bristol or one notch above depending on where you're interviewing.

Everybody here seems to agree that Durham is a step down. This is easily confirmed when you look at which IBanks usually recruit there: Lazard, HSBC, etc. The bulge-bracket firms like GS, MS, Citigroup, still go for Imperial and Bristol over Durham any day.

And what's up with York? The top firms are only recruiting those grads to work in their IT-related divisions.
Reply 6
hi
im currently an engineering student and am considering going into the finance sector. I am on the Meng degree programme. im seriously thinking of doing an MSC in finance so it would be pointless doing an Meng instead finish a Beng and undertake an MSC in finance. i have to make this decision ASAP and let my department know. can anyone help me out by sending be some past Exam papers for MSC finance? this would be invaluble in making my decision. i look forward for a reply :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending