The Student Room Group

Easiest Medical School?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Democracy
No such thing.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.
Reply 21
bds007
least number and often lower quality of applicants, even so the offer is most likely to be AAB

Whattt?:s-smilie:

Oh yeah, Bristol only offers AAB too, and thus must experience 'lower quality applicants':p:
Reply 22
You'll need at least AAB predicted/achieved to apply anywhere and some places AAA. To be predicted AAB is really down to which school you go to, some schools may predict you AAB with BBCU at AS where as others you may need at least AABB at AS.

I think Keele, Southampton, PMS (not too sure), and Newcastle (maybe a couple others as well?) don't give much weight to GCSEs. As for A-Levels, most unis will only look at your predictions for A2 and not your AS.
Reply 23
I'd say Oxford.
Reply 24
Moscow State University, English program
ScrubZ
You'll need at least AAB predicted/achieved to apply anywhere and some places AAA. To be predicted AAB is really down to which school you go to, some schools may predict you AAB with BBCU at AS where as others you may need at least AABB at AS.

I think Keele, Southampton, PMS (not too sure), and Newcastle (maybe a couple others as well?) don't give much weight to GCSEs. As for A-Levels, most unis will only look at your predictions for A2 and not your AS.

Hey,

What if they predict using your GCSE results which aren't all A*'s. How would go about aplying etc?
There isn't one. It depends on your application's strengths and weaknesses. It's an extremely hard and time consuming process to go through what each medical school focuses more on and therefore where you are likely to stand a better chance. This is something that you'd have to do your own research on (I understand you may argue this as research :p: I mean looking at statistics, ratios of applicants to places to offers made, the structure of the courses to see what type of student they'd prefer, if they focus on acedemics/experience, prefer gap yr stduents to school leavers, UKCAT heavy or not, what percentage of the overall score they assign to each of the short listings etc)
It took me literally months, I'm assuming your for 2011 entry as its too late to apply to med for 2010 entry now.
Either way goodluck :smile:
This website may help, I thought it was quite useful :o:

http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=78
jeremybag
MBBS = MB CHB = MBBS = MB CHB

<BM BCh

rofl.

All medical schools require a decent standard of grammar - I just hope OP that your PS will be worded somewhat better. As has been said to death just about, if your applying somewhere because youve heard its easy to get into, chances are youre not going to get in.
Reply 29
_Andrew_
Yeah, because them league tables are so reliable, in the guardian East Anglia is actually 5th best in the UK :s-smilie:

The 5th best rankings are for student satisfaction. The med school is very new, first year in league tables. You have to look at the detail of every course offered and see what suits you not because you regard the academic entry as easy.
the easiest med school to get into is the one that suits you and your achievements to the closest degree.
but even then at most you have a 1/8 chance of getting into the ones that have less applicants.
Reply 31
marybella
The 5th best rankings are for student satisfaction. The med school is very new, first year in league tables. You have to look at the detail of every course offered and see what suits you not because you regard the academic entry as easy.

:s-smilie: I don't quite follow that. Nowhere I have insinuated that the academic entry to any med school is easy.

I was just making a point about someone who claimed UEA was the easiest medical school to get into, due to it's ranking.

I'm slightly confused about your reply, I think you might have mistaken me for the OP:p:
Reply 32
_Andrew_
:s-smilie: I don't quite follow that. Nowhere I have insinuated that the academic entry to any med school is easy.

I was just making a point about someone who claimed UEA was the easiest medical school to get into, due to it's ranking.

I'm slightly confused about your reply, I think you might have mistaken me for the OP:p:

Get a grip. The original poster was wanting "easy" access.
Phalanges
Cambridge.

It honestly is.

It has the fewest applicants, and best applicant to offers ratio.
Reply 34
How easy a medical school is to get into depends entirely on the strengths and weaknesses of the individual application. For some, Birmingham is almost a breeze, for others it would be impossible.
Easiest Medical School would probably be The Medical University of Uzbekistan, where you can learn to become a Medic in about 5 minutes.

If you're going to go for Medicine and look for the easiest way in, you may aswell stop, because firstly you're not going to be taken seriously and secondly you'll be outclassed by other applicants.

Anyway good luck, I heard The Medical Univesity of Uzbekistan has now changed it's entry requirement policy to "first come, first served", which would suit your aspirations well.
Reply 36
StudyingFreak
Hey,

What if they predict using your GCSE results which aren't all A*'s. How would go about aplying etc?

Why would your predictions be based on GCSEs; are you not doing AS levels (or equivalent) at the moment?
no offence to any one but, last year, during medlink, a girl from pennisula said that she got in with a c in chemistry?!?!?! obviously she got in a few years ago, but she left me with an impression that peninsula medical school was, and maybe still is, the medical school that requires the least from acedemics.
Reply 38
Fanganesium
no offence to any one but, last year, during medlink, a girl from pennisula said that she got in with a c in chemistry?!?!?! obviously she got in a few years ago, but she left me with an impression that peninsula medical school was, and maybe still is, the medical school that requires the least from acedemics.

CCC at UCL are given out more often, and EEE at Oxford.
People get into most med skools EVERY year with lower grades than necessary.

its your perception of peninsula that is affecting your judgement, macca, thats all.

BUT....
there is an easiest med skool to get into!
Reply 39
Fanganesium

For the last few years they haven't interviewed anyone with less than AAA (to the best of my knowledge).

I'd be tempted to say that the Keele academic (in general: GCSEs and A-levels) requirements are the least strict. Then again, alot of people with 10A* will get rejected and people with 1A* interviews. Not much emphasis is placed on grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending