The Student Room Group

Easiest Medical School?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
CoffeeAtStarbucks
There isn't one. It depends on your application's strengths and weaknesses. :smile:

good quote, lousy name.
Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial....
Reply 42
for me personally, Resotto, aye.
Reply 43
Gizmo!
CCC at UCL are given out more often, and EEE at Oxford.
People get into most med skools EVERY year with lower grades than necessary.

its your perception of peninsula that is affecting your judgement, macca, thats all.

BUT....
there is an easiest med skool to get into!

Just as apedantic point, ucl 'lower offers' are BBB - to be honest, considering some people I know who got the lower offer, they would have hit any higher offer anyway, it was irrelavent.

OP, generally, most peopl have the academic hoursepower, its not all about grades, medical school could fill their places sometimes many times over with peopl who seem to be bright enough and still pick and choose. Brightness isn't everything - although it does help, alot. Once you get into any medical school your definition of brightness will change, rapidly. Its not necessarily easier or harder, just a different method of learning, they'll be a point where just grunt work isn't going to be good enough.
Reply 44
Wangers
Just as apedantic point, ucl 'lower offers' are BBB - to be honest, considering some people I know who got the lower offer, they would have hit any higher offer anyway, it was irrelavent. ahh, macca. And to follow, a non-pedantic point - relevant for comparison to the person who got into peninsula wif a grade C a few years ago though. UCL's reduced offer was CCC back then, and several got a C grade somewhere in those years.

the OP wasnt prepared to add UCL and oxford to the equation, but was prepared to wif peninsula simply becos they WANTED to see peninsula as inferior.

but i'd never choose to see ucl and oxford as inferior for no real reason. (i got some proper good reasons to do that hehe).
Liverpool is marginally easier than most others.
Reply 46
macca, y?
Gizmo!
macca, y?

why uni are you at?
Lol guys, no need to be so harsh on the OP. Some medical schools DO require not so high academics as others, which I presume is what the OP means. :s-smilie:
Reply 49
UGeNe
Moscow State University, English program

nice rep, i didnt think that was possible.
Reply 50
Isometrix
why uni are you at?

why uni? ahh, macca. a fine question, although your words seem to be in the wrong order, no matter, no matter. i want to study about 'elping peeple to recover, macca, thats why.

macca - why u ask such a question?
I did a thread like this and you just get loads of awkward knobs saying 'no such thing blah blah'. Personally I would say peninsula
Reply 52
Urkel
Gizmo!
CCC at UCL are given out more often, and EEE at Oxford.

Why would UCL/Oxford do that? :s-smilie:

ere's a suggestion, macca. go phone em yourself, mail em, and QUOTE the answer 'ere IN BOLD for all to see when you are finished. and write just like Gizmo macca said underneath in li'l li'l l'il letters too hehehehe.

am counting the dayz, macca.. cos me life is that dull at the mo...

cheers. (xmas ones, that is)
Gizmo!
why uni? ahh, macca. a fine question, although your words seem to be in the wrong order, no matter, no matter. i want to study about 'elping peeple to recover, macca, thats why.

macca - why u ask such a question?

just curious. have a good day, sir.
Reply 54

Is this your aspiration?
Reply 55
Guy Secretan
I did a thread like this and you just get loads of awkward knobs saying 'no such thing blah blah'. Personally I would say peninsula

fitting name for you, then, for us fans of green wingie hehehe
Reply 56
Isometrix
just curious. have a good day, sir.

ahhh, nice chattin to ye again, macca.

i prefer this avatar to your one on the other forum mind heheheh
The easiest medical school is the one to which you are best suited to applying.

If you have a long string of A*s at GCSE, and very good UMS scores in your AS subjects (which should include chemistry and/or biology plus one other science) then your application is more likely to be considered by the top academic universities, such as Oxford and Birmingham.

If your GCSEs and AS scores are not so impressive, then you are better off applying to those whose academic requirements are not so rigorous.

Either way, it's more than just academics. You need work experience, you need to volunteer, you need to actually experience the practice of medicine. Without these, you are more likely to be rejected regardless of where you apply to.
Reply 58
mathew551
The easiest medical school is the one to which you are best suited to applying.

If you have a long string of A*s at GCSE, and very good UMS scores in your AS subjects (which should include chemistry and/or biology plus one other science) then your application is more likely to be considered by the top academic universities, such as Oxford and Birmingham.

If your GCSEs and AS scores are not so impressive, then you are better off applying to those whose academic requirements are not so rigorous.

Either way, it's more than just academics. You need work experience, you need to volunteer, you need to actually experience the practice of medicine. Without these, you are more likely to be rejected regardless of where you apply to.

This would be true if AS grades meant something...
They only count at Cambridge. Everywhere else, they're not important.

PS: You don't need to volunteer.
Urkel
CCC at UCL are given out more often, and EEE at Oxford. !!!

Why would UCL/Oxford do that? :s-smilie:

Correct me if I'm wrong but i have heard universities give try to give harder offers than predicted grades, just to make sure they aren't left as a fallback.

Because they give them out to people who are more than likely going to achieve good enough grades anyway, and who they believe are good enough for the course no matter what their results, in the hope that it will persuade them to go to their university.

With regards to Oxford, I think they only hand out very, very few EEE offers a year (~4?) across all subjects, and only from certain colleges.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending