The Student Room Group

MSc Applicants for UCL 2010

Hi,

Any one who applied for UCL Masters 2010 or has received the offers, along with the course applied for? Though I've seen similar threads, I'm not sure if they are for postgraduate applicants.

So, i'll start.

Name: Hari Menon
Course: MSc. Biochemical Engineering
Offer: Unconditional

Thanks & regards

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I'm only applying now for a social science course, it's MSc as well (hope I can still get in, it's very competitive this year!!). My friend has an offer from UCL, it's a science course (sorry I'm not including any more details due to privacy).

Congratulations on your offer! Have you finished your Bsc already or are you just generally a very convincing applicant (you've got an unconditional)?
Reply 2
Hi
I have an offer from the MSc Environment, Science and Society. I also have an offer from LSE .Still waiting for the reply from Oxford.
Reply 3
Msc in Spacecraft Technology and Satellite Communication.. Conditional...
Reply 4
I applied for the MSc in Infection and Immunity on around Jan 5th. As of now, I'm still awaiting a response! I wonder how long it will be. I'll update as soon as I know.
Reply 5
mondeo
Hi,

I'm only applying now for a social science course, it's MSc as well (hope I can still get in, it's very competitive this year!!). My friend has an offer from UCL, it's a science course (sorry I'm not including any more details due to privacy).

Congratulations on your offer! Have you finished your Bsc already or are you just generally a very convincing applicant (you've got an unconditional)?

Hey Mondeo,

Best of luck.. it doesnt seem that difficult.. so don't worry dude..

As for your question, No i did not do my BSc, Instead I did a BTech. in Biotechnology, which is a four year engineering course, whereas a BSc is a three year Science course, where i come from. I'm not sure what the Undergraduate scene is in the UK.

So keep posting.

Thanks & regards,

Hari.

PS: I just got my Offer today morning by mail.
Reply 6
Having actually found a thread specifically related to UCL, I think it would be nice to give some space on TSR for it :smile:

Any updates on offers/rejections/queries we should be able to discuss here.

Personally: I have sent my application pack early January and applying for MSc Economics, not being able to follow the status of my application through any online service, I'm worried if they received and processed my package (if they could read my handwriting with my email on it :woo: ) and I haven't even heard anything in the lines of 'we have received your application please wait' notice.

Anyone else in same situation???
Reply 7
DerMunchen
I'm worried if they received and processed my package (if they could read my handwriting with my email on it :woo: )

Eh?

It takes time, I believe. The Econ department only take paper applications and they'd be getting a lot sent to them at this time. I'd wait at least a week or two before you start ringing them up. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 8
I meant, my email written with my poor handwriting :smile: my speech lacks any sort of coherence...
DerMunchen
I meant, my email written with my poor handwriting :smile: my speech lacks any sort of coherence...

A handwritten e-mail? Kickin' it median school, man.

I have applied for the History PhD at UCL. It's like my third choice. My tutor here at York kind of warned me off my intended supervisor a little. But he has been very supportive and enthusiastic about my project, which is nice (though to the point of just not offering any suggestions for improvement, which is less nice).

The Department is making it really unclear exactly how they want people to express desire to be considered for AHRC funding, which is annoying. Hopefully the mix of e-mails and letters I've handed around so far will be considered sufficient.

So, yeah: good luck & best wishes to all applicants.
Bread and Circlejerks
A handwritten e-mail? Kickin' it median school, man.

I have applied for the History PhD at UCL. It's like my third choice. My tutor here at York kind of warned me off my intended supervisor a little. But he has been very supportive and enthusiastic about my project, which is nice (though to the point of just not offering any suggestions for improvement, which is less nice).

The Department is making it really unclear exactly how they want people to express desire to be considered for AHRC funding, which is annoying. Hopefully the mix of e-mails and letters I've handed around so far will be considered sufficient.

So, yeah: good luck & best wishes to all applicants.

For AHRC funding you need to send a copy of your application + research proposal to the department by the 1st of February.
Just of curiosity, who would be your supervisor? (MP me if ever :wink: )
crackingod
For AHRC funding you need to send a copy of your application + research proposal to the department by the 1st of February.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But the guy I e-mailed at the Department said that a second copy of the application was not necessary. I replied to him asking what, in that case, *was* necessary. He hasn't responded (it has been like a week).

On the second matter: check your PMs!
I've applied for the MSc in Infection and Immunity. So far it is under consideration.
Reply 13
I have two friends who both applied for Security Studies (MSc), one received her acceptance back at the start of December, and the other got the letter through today...
Hi,

I've received an offer for MSc Biochemical Engg. Any opinions on the course or university would be greatly appreciated.:smile:

Regards,

Hari
Conditional offer for MSc International Public Policy!!! so happy!
Reply 16
blacklight
I've applied for the MSc in Infection and Immunity. So far it is under consideration.

Me too! When did you apply? I applied in early January:smile:
Reply 17
Actually, I havent received an acknowledgement letter from them, only this:

We are pleased to be able to inform you that both of your references have been submitted for your graduate application to UCL. These will be attached to your submitted application. Admissions will now process your application then forward it to the relevant Admissions Tutor for consideration. Once processing has been completed, you will receive an acknowledgment letter to confirm whether we have received all necessary documentation.

All future correspondence from Admissions will be sent to you by letter rather than email.
Reply 18
Accepted to MA Human Rights in the School of Public Policy! I'm from the US.
turtle2
Me too! When did you apply? I applied in early January:smile:

Early Jan also, complete with all materials and references. I received the letter from them only a few days ago in the mail, so I don't imagine they are in a particular hurry to get them out. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending