Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is hard to describe but I hope that some of you will know how I feel.

I wouldn't say I am unhappy with my life just now, but at times I just feel like I want to run away. Uni is fine, my boyfriend is lovely, my friends are... a bit crap at times but there are enough nice ones to make up for it.

During the week I am kept busy but at weekends I just feel so restless. I want to get away from the city but I don't really know where I'd go - I just want to get away from people.

I'm not reclusive at all just at the moment housing for next year is causing a massive stress and people are just being crap and I want it all to just go away.

I feel that I should be comfortable with my life but I'm not, it's like there's something missing that I can't put my finger on.

Has anyone ever felt like this... sorry for a bit of a rambling thought process but I just don't know where my head is at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    This is hard to describe but I hope that some of you will know how I feel.

I wouldn't say I am unhappy with my life just now, but at times I just feel like I want to run away. Uni is fine, my boyfriend is lovely, my friends are... a bit crap at times but there are enough nice ones to make up for it.

During the week I am kept busy but at weekends I just feel so restless. I want to get away from the city but I don't really know where I'd go - I just want to get away from people.

I'm not reclusive at all just at the moment housing for next year is causing a massive stress and people are just being crap and I want it all to just go away.

I feel that I should be comfortable with my life but I'm not, it's like there's something missing that I can't put my finger on.

Has anyone ever felt like this... sorry for a bit of a rambling thought process but I just don't know where my head is at.
    You want an escape.
    That is completely normal, I feel like this sometimes too.
    Perhaps just take a couple of days out if you get an opportunity.
    Take some time out completely for yourself and try to relax a little.
    You are just stressed at the moment

ReputationRep:
    I cant tell you how many times I've felt like this.

A great thing to do is, like you said, get out of the city. Get a return train ticket to somewhere in the suburbs on a Sunday or something and just go for a walk, maybe take an ipod with you and just clear your head.
    I used to go to a park and sit under a tree with a sketchpad, just because it was incredibly relaxing and gave me something completely new and different to do.

Then you can get the train back and go to lectures monday morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staticrhubarb)
    I cant tell you how many times I've felt like this.

A great thing to do is, like you said, get out of the city. Get a return train ticket to somewhere in the suburbs on a Sunday or something and just go for a walk, maybe take an ipod with you and just clear your head.
    I used to go to a park and sit under a tree with a sketchpad, just because it was incredibly relaxing and gave me something completely new and different to do.

Then you can get the train back and go to lectures monday morning
    Think I'm gonna do it. Just need some space, cliche as it sounds.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.