The Student Room Group

I feel incredibly restless

This is hard to describe but I hope that some of you will know how I feel.

I wouldn't say I am unhappy with my life just now, but at times I just feel like I want to run away. Uni is fine, my boyfriend is lovely, my friends are... a bit crap at times but there are enough nice ones to make up for it.

During the week I am kept busy but at weekends I just feel so restless. I want to get away from the city but I don't really know where I'd go - I just want to get away from people.

I'm not reclusive at all just at the moment housing for next year is causing a massive stress and people are just being crap and I want it all to just go away.

I feel that I should be comfortable with my life but I'm not, it's like there's something missing that I can't put my finger on.

Has anyone ever felt like this... sorry for a bit of a rambling thought process but I just don't know where my head is at.
Reply 1
BlueRoses
This is hard to describe but I hope that some of you will know how I feel.

I wouldn't say I am unhappy with my life just now, but at times I just feel like I want to run away. Uni is fine, my boyfriend is lovely, my friends are... a bit crap at times but there are enough nice ones to make up for it.

During the week I am kept busy but at weekends I just feel so restless. I want to get away from the city but I don't really know where I'd go - I just want to get away from people.

I'm not reclusive at all just at the moment housing for next year is causing a massive stress and people are just being crap and I want it all to just go away.

I feel that I should be comfortable with my life but I'm not, it's like there's something missing that I can't put my finger on.

Has anyone ever felt like this... sorry for a bit of a rambling thought process but I just don't know where my head is at.

You want an escape.
That is completely normal, I feel like this sometimes too.
Perhaps just take a couple of days out if you get an opportunity.
Take some time out completely for yourself :smile: and try to relax a little.
You are just stressed at the moment
I cant tell you how many times I've felt like this.

A great thing to do is, like you said, get out of the city. Get a return train ticket to somewhere in the suburbs on a Sunday or something and just go for a walk, maybe take an ipod with you and just clear your head.
I used to go to a park and sit under a tree with a sketchpad, just because it was incredibly relaxing and gave me something completely new and different to do.

Then you can get the train back and go to lectures monday morning :smile:
Reply 3
staticrhubarb
I cant tell you how many times I've felt like this.

A great thing to do is, like you said, get out of the city. Get a return train ticket to somewhere in the suburbs on a Sunday or something and just go for a walk, maybe take an ipod with you and just clear your head.
I used to go to a park and sit under a tree with a sketchpad, just because it was incredibly relaxing and gave me something completely new and different to do.

Then you can get the train back and go to lectures monday morning :smile:

Think I'm gonna do it. Just need some space, cliche as it sounds.

Latest

Trending

Trending