The Student Room Group

Hello and can anybody advise me on this weird restless thing I do?

Hey everybody.
I was just wondering if you could give me some ideas as to what the heck I am doing? So recently, (past year or two) I've started leg bouncing and fidgeting alot and idk why. I can't really sit still sometimes - mostly I can but if it's a boring double period or just something I'm uninterested in (assembly) I always leg tap and fidget. And then sometimes it's kind of like I'm hyperactive-er than usual (I already am very hyperactive) but yeah. And so for example today in Geography I kept subconsciously making about 30 paper airplanes and launching them at my professor and being incredibly bored. He was trying his best to help and asked if I wanted to go out for a quick walk but I was like nah I'm too lazy. And this happens so often and it's super annoying - I'm hyper yet really tired. And other situations where I get super restless and energetic for absolutely no reason. And then sometimes I'll be hyper to start then just fall asleep in class (my two fav teachers just let me at this point lol). Just generally I am not normal but idk why and it's annoying me because I'm not really like this. I'm usually quite chill and sleepy (occassionally focused) but yeah.

My friends say it might be ADHD but I've never actually had many symptoms of ADHD and I've looked online and don't think I have it but at the same time idk. But yeah if you can help - please do! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymousguitar
Hey everybody.
I was just wondering if you could give me some ideas as to what the heck I am doing? So recently, (past year or two) I've started leg bouncing and fidgeting alot and idk why. I can't really sit still sometimes - mostly I can but if it's a boring double period or just something I'm uninterested in (assembly) I always leg tap and fidget. And then sometimes it's kind of like I'm hyperactive-er than usual (I already am very hyperactive) but yeah. And so for example today in Geography I kept subconsciously making about 30 paper airplanes and launching them at my professor and being incredibly bored. He was trying his best to help and asked if I wanted to go out for a quick walk but I was like nah I'm too lazy. And this happens so often and it's super annoying - I'm hyper yet really tired. And other situations where I get super restless and energetic for absolutely no reason. And then sometimes I'll be hyper to start then just fall asleep in class (my two fav teachers just let me at this point lol). Just generally I am not normal but idk why and it's annoying me because I'm not really like this. I'm usually quite chill and sleepy (occassionally focused) but yeah.

My friends say it might be ADHD but I've never actually had many symptoms of ADHD and I've looked online and don't think I have it but at the same time idk. But yeah if you can help - please do! Thanks :smile:

Oh yeah and if anybody can give me a way to apologise that'd be great cause I actually really like this teacher and can't help but feel I've annoyed him lol
Hi, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. Have a great day!

Quick Reply

Latest