The Student Room Group
Bit of a long shot, but maybe you could try your local MPs constituency office?
Reply 2
You may be able to work temporarily with your MP or city council.
Reply 3
Conor C
Should I just go with a solicitor? Law & politics are basically the same thing.

And I am in year 13 btw.

I did a week at a local MP's constituency office.
Conor C

And I am in year 13 btw.

If you want to do politics at uni I hope you don't think that... but as has been said above, try your MPs constituency office or go out campaigning with a party (preferably one you support!)
Reply 5
Canvas for your local candidates in the run up to the general election. :3
Reply 6
Embassy?
Reply 7
Go intern with any major politics/history/int.relations magazine.
Conor C

And I am in year 13 btw.

No, they're not the same thing in the slightest! If you're planning to study politics, it wouldn't be worth your while having work experience with a solicitor. Try your local MP's constituency office, or working with a pressure group or trade union. If you have a political party you support, now would be a good time to join and get involved in the local party's efforts for the upcoming election.

If you're in year 13 at the moment, wouldn't your UCAS form have gone in already? Call me cynical, but work experience now isn't going to make much of a difference on whether you receive offers or not as it isn't on your application. Other than Oxbridge, I can't think of many unis that interview for politics, thus giving you the chance to talk about your work experience, but do correct me if I'm wrong fellow TSRers! If you want the experience just for the fun of it or because you're sure you'll use your politics degree for a political career, my suggestions above stand.

Latest

Trending

Trending