The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Uni 2010 - house share anyone..?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be joining Plymouth Uni on the Social Work BA in September 2010 but can't go into halls as my postcode is in the restriction zone boo.

Just wondered if anyone else on here is looking to share a house in Plymouth from September or has a house share planned with a room free? The accommodation database doesnt seem to be online yet through the Plymouth website.

Be good to chat to some people that are going to Plymouth anyway so hopefull will have some replies on here!

Charlotte x

Scroll to see replies

Plymouth Student Accomodation webby

That's the site I used to book my house for next september. My one still has two empty slots, but take a look at some of the others too. It'll be better than halls anyway, way cheaper so more money for clubbing!
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Dude Where's My Username
It'll be better than halls anyway, way cheaper so more money for clubbing!

So true
Reply 3
cgh
OP
Dude Where's My Username

That's the site I used to book my house for next september. My one still has two empty slots, but take a look at some of the others too. It'll be better than halls anyway, way cheaper so more money for clubbing!

Hey, thanks for this info, looks really useful. Whereabout is your house and how much are you paying? I'm guessing you're not a 1st year?

C x
cgh
Hey, thanks for this info, looks really useful. Whereabout is your house and how much are you paying? I'm guessing you're not a 1st year?

C x

I'm currently in Discovery Heights (don't go there unless you have serious $'s to burn and low expectations to go with it!) but my house next year is 41 Penrose Street. £73 a week (with utlities plus tv licence and internet all covered. V important for ££££ saving) and it's literally 2 minutes walk from the uni. And nah, I'll be a second year amigoe by that point
Hi everyone!
Im going to be starting at Plymouth in sept, and am currently looking at accomodation options! I'm thinking that I probably wont be going into halls as im 23 so will probably will feel like the oldest there, but I still want to get the whole uni experience and dont want to miss out on the freshers actitivties etc! Im looking into sharing a house, but want to obv be with people who are up for a good time, and like to be sociable! Any advice?!
Thanks, Charlotte
champagne_char
Hi everyone!
Im going to be starting at Plymouth in sept, and am currently looking at accomodation options! I'm thinking that I probably wont be going into halls as im 23 so will probably will feel like the oldest there, but I still want to get the whole uni experience and dont want to miss out on the freshers actitivties etc! Im looking into sharing a house, but want to obv be with people who are up for a good time, and like to be sociable! Any advice?!
Thanks, Charlotte

Check out the site I posted in a previous post, they do cheap student housing. You don't want halls really anyway. They take a much bigger munch out your student loan, leaving you with less to rave with on the weekends :yikes:

Only practical advice I can really give is just get talking to people who are going to Plymouth on here or www.YouGo.co.uk (UCAS affiliated Studenty forum type thing), hopefully meet some fun people you get on with before you start here, then just go to all the Fresher events when you get here.

You'll be suprised, there's a lot of mature students here so you won't feel out of place, especially as most 23 yr old women tend to look younger and the 18 yr olds look way older!
Reply 7
cgh
OP
champagne_char
Hi everyone!
Thanks, Charlotte

Hi Charlotte! You're exactly like me! I'm 22 so don't want to miss out too much on the social side of things, but dont want to be with a load of just 18 year olds either. I've found a house with 2 rooms free for september with some 2nd years... send me a message on here if you're interested and I'll give you the guys number. I haven't had a look at the house itself yet but the rooms are big and the house is in Mutley, really close to Uni.

Hopefully hear back from you,

Charlotte :smile:
Reply 8
If you're looking for local letting agencies, I recommend Drake's. Our group has paid the booking fee on our contract but have two spare rooms (check out inside the agency itself for more details) that either we or they will fill. Managed to get a 10 month contract too, which isn't too bad (and we should get better than the halls accommodation I got this year...!). The only rental agency I recommend you avoid if you can help it is Chris Shorey lettings. They may be the most popular, but their reputation from existing tenants is questionable and are apparently very much on the side of the landlord. From what we've been told by existing tenants Drake's tend to look after them better, butthis is mostly based on hear say and personal opinion lol

Let me know if you have any further questions. Having been in halls since September I can answer questions on that, and our group of 5 have just finished touring local private lets and dealt with several agencies. :-)
Reply 9
Heyyy! I'm coming to plym in 2010 for Psychology with Human Biology :smile: My postcode is exluded to so I'm looking for a house share with first years, I have found some good houses for first years only :smile: Anyone else in need of somewhere fun to stay?!

Lauren
xx
champagne_char
Hi everyone!
Thanks, Charlotte

23? is that it? my neighbours in FD are 26 , 31, and 43 :P (im 19 :cool: )
Reply 11
cgh
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be joining Plymouth Uni on the Social Work BA in September 2010 but can't go into halls as my postcode is in the restriction zone boo.

Just wondered if anyone else on here is looking to share a house in Plymouth from September or has a house share planned with a room free? The accommodation database doesnt seem to be online yet through the Plymouth website.

Be good to chat to some people that are going to Plymouth anyway so hopefull will have some replies on here!

Charlotte x

Hi Charlotte,

I'm also not able to get a place in halls as I'm too close. Are you still looking for a place? I'm due to be starting on the paramedic course on the 6th of Sept (quite early) and will need to bring the car up. Where abouts do you live at the moment?
Reply 12
cgh
Hi everyone,

Charlotte x

I may have a room going about 15 seconds walk from Cuba which is literally next to the uni...

As I said, I MAY have a room free because I don't know where I am going to be next year.

If anyone is interested please private message me and we can arrange something

Ta muchly
Will xxx
Reply 13
Hello!

I am going plymouth in sept and looking around for house share too. I am 22 from Singapore and will be taking Maritime Business direct entry to 3rd year. Looking for somewhere flexible to live in, not too interested in halls at the moment - hoping to see if anything comes up here!

cheers,
samantha
Hey Guys, Im looking for a first year house share to as my postcode also falls into the we cant except you in halls postcode. I have a firm place for Childrens Nursing this year. Im 22 and have half started a uni course before and lived in halls but won't do it again.

Iv done my online application for approved accomodation so just waiting for my status for that to change. I live in Cornwall at the moment so don't really have far to move, but id still like to find so good house mates to have a good social life with.

Rachael
Reply 15
Hey guys,
I think I am a bit late for the whole house hunting thing, but if anyone knows of any houses available and is looking for a housemate, then contact me. I can give you some information about myself too :smile:.

I am a 21 year old second year student studying Environmental Science.
Reply 16
Dude Where's My Username

Fantastic website, thanks!
Reply 17
I still have a room going which I HAVE to get rid of or I'm liable for the whole year's rent :frown:

It's basically 30 seconds away from the uni (actually on North Hill by Cuba)
Reply 18
Hi
i see some people are still looking for accommodation i was moving into a house but i am now moving into a different house with my boyfriend so there is a room avaliable its about a 10 minute walk from uni up just off mutley plain. if anyone would be interested please let me know or send me a private message
Reply 19
Lauren1991
Heyyy! I'm coming to plym in 2010 for Psychology with Human Biology :smile: My postcode is exluded to so I'm looking for a house share with first years, I have found some good houses for first years only :smile: Anyone else in need of somewhere fun to stay?!

Lauren
xx

hey :smile:
im coming to plymouth in 2010 to study events management and I think it could be unlikely I get into halls so im also looking around to maybe house share with some people as well. can u send me the link for these houses you have found because i might be up for sharing?

Latest

Trending

Trending