The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Impressed that you somehow managed to quote me in this, Sia!

Anyway, yep, I will be firming Southampton ASAP. Nothing will stop me from going there next year. Well, unless I miss the A in both French and German or fail my Welsh Bac.
For German, French and Chinese, for the reference.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Deutsch_Beth
Impressed that you somehow managed to quote me in this, Sia!

Anyway, yep, I will be firming Southampton ASAP. Nothing will stop me from going there next year. Well, unless I miss the A in both French and German or fail my Welsh Bac.
For German, French and Chinese, for the reference.

OH MY GOD I NEED AAB
why? WHY? WHY?

it's so impossible

:sad:
SiaSiaSia
OH MY GOD I NEED AAB
why? WHY? WHY?

it's so impossible

:sad:

Have they asked for the AA in French and German?
They want my AB to be in French and German, so for all they care I could fail English Lit :woo: :woo: which is looking likely atm.
Reply 4
Deutsch_Beth
Have they asked for the AA in French and German?
They want my AB to be in French and German, so for all they care I could fail English Lit :woo: :woo: which is looking likely atm.

nope they want it to be AB in french and german i think
-checks ucas-

"Grades AAB from three A Levels including grades A,B in French and German in any order, excluding General Studies"

I don't even do general studies ha

me getting an A in history is unlikely, but german is IMPOSSIBLE. will be lucky to scrape a B
Reply 5
I'm waiting on a reply to my manchester interview, and to actually see soton on the 18th feb medics open day, but I reckon i'll end up there one way or another.
:love:

Southampton :biggrin:

Sia, are you deferring to 2011 entry?
Reply 7
jonnythemoose
:love:

Southampton :biggrin:

Sia, are you deferring to 2011 entry?

yuuuuuupppppp!
somedays i wonder why :sad:
but i couldn't go this year now, i've got too used to the idea of a year and a half holidaaaaaaaaaay and i've got quite a bit of money and a rough planish now so it should be fantastico.
hopefully :smile:
Reply 8
Southampton woooo I am definitely firming.
I love it soo much ... I have visited twice and I can not wait to start!!

I guess i might see you next year! But im in Engineering not languages! And I have to get AAA! And if i do not get it ... no soton :frown:
Reply 9
Went for an interview last week for Philosophy at southampton . If they offer me a place i will put them as my Firm :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Southampton is definitely my firm - Mathematics G100. Offer is AAB, as I take Further Mathematics (would've been AAA otherwise). Should be easy to get, and I'm going for the Full Fees Scholarship.
Reply 11
Not sure yet. Yes, Nottingham is better (for economics anyway), but I'd prefer to see the surroundings etc. Plus, I might not get AAA :o:
Reply 12
Definitely my firm now - already have my grades so it's just dependant on my health check now. :biggrin:

You guys will all be fine as long as you put the work in for these last few months before your exams :yep:
Reply 13
Hopefully will firm it for civil engineering; just have to wait for the January results!
I wonder if any of you people are the ones I've seen nosing around our halls. They like showing off Jellicoe, although they may have wanted to move the abandoned suitcase and shopping bags from outside the 'show' flats before bringing you round, lol.
Already replied to my offers with southampton as my firm doing Economics. Anyone else? ^^
Reply 16
super_dude008
Already replied to my offers with southampton as my firm doing Economics. Anyone else? ^^

Depending on my January results, and my Southampton visit day, then I may firm it too :p:
Reply 17
Unconditional for Mechanical Engineering with a foundation year, accepted my offer a couple of weeks ago :biggrin:

What's the timescale on accommodation applications - if anyone knows?

I know the halls quite well as I've stayed in them a fair bit with friends at the uni, and I'm very eager to see where I end up!
Reply 18
TTRMW

What's the timescale on accommodation applications - if anyone knows?

I know the halls quite well as I've stayed in them a fair bit with friends at the uni, and I'm very eager to see where I end up!

You've got to apply before August 1st I think..
then allocation starts as soon as the results are out.
What did you make of the halls? I'm trying to decide the age old battle of Glen Eyre or Wessex Lane. :s-smilie:

I'm going to put Southampton as my firm, psychology BSc anyone?
Reply 19
Yeah I've got an unconditional offer to do History, on a gap year atm :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending