The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Guys moving into Monte halls, I'm going to be there helping you all move in! So don't bring anything heavy I can't carry up stairs!

Also, not sure if this is 'allowed' but if anybody is studying Philosophy I have some first year philo books I'd like to sell! No writing inside, good condition.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
makinghistory
Guys moving into Monte halls, I'm going to be there helping you all move in! So don't bring anything heavy I can't carry up stairs!

Also, not sure if this is 'allowed' but if anybody is studying Philosophy I have some first year philo books I'd like to sell! No writing inside, good condition.

By which she means please bring all your grand pianos in so she can get ripped. :h:
Reply 482
Can somebody clear up which date I should arrive - I have an ensuite. http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/arrivals/Southampton/sotonwhen.html says the 25th yet my accomodation offer page states occupancy dates as 26/09/2010 to 01/07/2011? Which date is it?
Alastor
Can somebody clear up which date I should arrive - I have an ensuite. http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/arrivals/Southampton/sotonwhen.html says the 25th yet my accomodation offer page states occupancy dates as 26/09/2010 to 01/07/2011? Which date is it?

If the website says arrive on the 25th, arrive on the 25th. You'll be given the key on arrival so the occupancy dates are rather irrelevant in that respect. :smile:
Reply 484
marcusmerehay
If the website says arrive on the 25th, arrive on the 25th. You'll be given the key on arrival so the occupancy dates are rather irrelevant in that respect. :smile:

Hmm ok! I'll ring up and confirm with them tomorrow just in case. It's going to slightly mess up my arrangements!; I've also only bought tickets for the 26th freshers party!
Reply 485
Erm, this may sound a bit stupid but, when is our first welcome Lecture? We in on the 25th so how long till we have our first lecture?
You have some form of induction lectures on a day during Freshers Week - I think for Maths it was the Monday or Tuesday.

Actual lectures start the following week, so Monday 4th October.
It says on the site the 25th and the 26th though, I'm pretty certain that we're supposed to move in on the date given on our accommodation offer. :dontknow:
Reply 488
Alastor
Hmm ok! I'll ring up and confirm with them tomorrow just in case. It's going to slightly mess up my arrangements!; I've also only bought tickets for the 26th freshers party!

You're South Hill aren't you? Out of curiosity, what did accommodation services say when you rang up?
Reply 489
.ACS.
You're South Hill aren't you? Out of curiosity, what did accommodation services say when you rang up?

South Hill, yeah.

They said I should honour the date on my contract offer page. They said I would not be able to move in if I arrived on the 25th. However, one person in a similar situation was told if they paid £21 they could move in the day earlier.

It's a bit shambolic; i'm sure there'll be confusion when people arrive on the 25th expecting to move in without any hassle.
Only 4 days now, getting so close! How much is acceptable to take btw? I've got 4 small ish boxes, a suitcase and a holdall with fancy dress items in xD
Reply 491
Deutsch_Beth
Only 4 days now, getting so close! How much is acceptable to take btw? I've got 4 small ish boxes, a suitcase and a holdall with fancy dress items in xD

I have way way more than this :biggrin:
luna28
I have way way more than this :biggrin:

i'm so glad you said that!
i have like 8 boxes, duvet bags and i haven't even begun packing my clothes and room yet :frown:
Reply 493
Resourceful
i have like 8 boxes, duvet bags and i haven't even begun packing my clothes and room yet :frown:

Completely the same! Duvets and pillows are in huge bags, I have boxes everywhere :P: and haven't even started packing my clothes or anything!
Reply 494
luna28
Completely the same! Duvets and pillows are in huge bags, I have boxes everywhere :P: and haven't even started packing my clothes or anything!

havent even started packing at all :s-smilie:
Reply 495
Resourceful

8 boxes :eek: What are you bringing? :P
Paske
8 boxes :eek: What are you bringing? :P

they're really little ones :o:
I've got to pack tonight as I've just finished work, then be up early to finish packing, pick up some wages from my second job and head up to Soton.

I say 'up' because I live in SW Dorset. :p:
marcusmerehay
I've got to pack tonight as I've just finished work, then be up early to finish packing, pick up some wages from my second job and head up to Soton.

I say 'up' because I live in SW Dorset. :p:

Haa you must be one of the only people not heading downwards. Also, you make it sound like you're moving in tomorrow? :s-smilie:
Deutsch_Beth
Haa you must be one of the only people not heading downwards. Also, you make it sound like you're moving in tomorrow? :s-smilie:

I am moving in tomorrow. :gah:

I'm a third-year ergo a private rented house, I could have moved in on July 1st if I wanted to. :p:

:party:

Latest

Trending

Trending