The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

France, Spain, Germany, Italy and possibly the USA on my agenda to live in.

My uni course will send me away to some nice places.

Ah, I can picture it now.

My aim in life is to be able to speak and write in many, many languages. The only way of becoming fluent to the point of dreaming in a different language is by encasing yourself in the culture, life and language.

I spent a month in MontPellier with a French family. Oh how I love to dream in French. :smile:
Reply 21
poupee-thedoll
Why is everyone so keen on France??

Yeah I wondered that! Didn't realise France was that popular !
most definately, thats the whole reason i chose my degree :biggrin:
and i can't wait!!
Reply 23
poupee-thedoll
Why is everyone so keen on France??

The food, the weather, the people I know there, the different pace of life. In the UK there is an emphasis on giving all to your work, a social life seems to come a firm second. My experience of France is that family life is very strong and social bonds are firm, and that is exactly the environment I want to be part of. I lived in Bordeaux for 12 months and I loved it; now I'm a uni drop-out and the world is my oyster I figured I have nothing to lose in going back to France to finish my studies. Also, talking of oysters, oysters are cheap in France :biggrin:
Reply 24
whitepearlbaby
I've moved to England, does that count? :h:

I must say it is quite a strain on family and friendship, but it's also an awesome experience, a bit like redecorating your room x 1 million (That might not make sense to anyone but me :colondollar:). I adapted to it very quickly, but if the culture difference is great, you might have problems getting used to it at first.

Yeah that counts :biggrin:

When did you move and how long are you planning to live in England? also did you move on your own?

I can imagine that it'll be hard at first with feeling homesick etc.. but I bet its nice - like a fresh new start!
I'm very keen on moving to Switzerland.
Holamigo
Yeah that counts :biggrin:

When did you move and how long are you planning to live in England? also did you move on your own?

I can imagine that it'll be hard at first with feeling homesick etc.. but I bet its nice - like a fresh new start!

Erm I moved last summer, mainly for university but also for my boyfriend who lives in England. He's the reason I even had the idea to study here :h:
I love it so much I might stay forever, I'll see what the future brings :smile:
I'm going to stay at least until the end of my course but I want to stay with my other half so unless he moves with me, I'll stay :h:

And I wasn't really that homesick tbh, it only gets bad when I'm ill or when I've just visited them and have to go back "home" :colondollar:
Reply 27
I considered moving to America, but then I realised just how much of a resentment I had towards a yank in high school and I believe everything I read in the newspaper and see on tv, so I decided against it.
Canada :coma:
Reply 29
America or Australia :biggrin:
Reply 30
I wish I can. :cute:
But the living cost is insaine.
Reply 31
Coming from Jersey I'm going to have to move abroad, firstly there's no uni here :p: then living on this island is way too expensive...and in a couple of decades it's just going to be a mini-England...so there'd be no point moving back to retire :cry2:...if I could I'd stay here though :yep:
I moved to India, but it is temporary and it wasn't really my choice, but anyway, I enjoy the experience... Leaving for good on June.
this bro has the right idea, any particular area?
Reply 34
I move to Germany this September for uni and I'll stay there for 6 months at a German uni and then work in Spain for 6 months. I'm seeing it as a trial run because I'm undecided if I want to stay in this country yet. I'd like to move somewhere where I spoke the language, was interested in the culture and stay in the EU for free movement but I love the UK too. I think we have so much choice and government support with the NHS and education, we're quite lucky really so I'm not sure...
Why is there no "Yes, but I can't be bothered" option? I'd like to live in Canada, Ireland, Sweden, France, Germany, Australia, Spain or Italy for a bit though.
Black Mammoth
this bro has the right idea, any particular area?

The West probably - Nevada, northern California, Arizona or even Texas.
Currently on placement in Barcelona. Arrived with little to no spanish (or catalan) but most speaks English anyway :teehee: I am learning though and slowly getting better.
I already live abroad, but would like to move to France at some point in my life, I love cheese. :coma:
Paris. I'd absolutely love to live there, even though I speak next to no French. I went to Paris a couple of times last year (as some friends were out there on placement) and I absolutely fell in love with the city. It's so beautiful in every way.

There was also I period when I wanted to move to New York.

Latest

Trending

Trending