The Student Room Group

Manchester Uni accommodation for "mature student"

I need your help, please! I will start Manchester Uni in September and I am looking for a nice, spacious, en-suit room with (very important!) good heating system (i am foreign student and find England sooo cold) in a rather quiet area (I am 24 years old, so had enough parties in my life) with good facilities. So I need to pick 3 for my application. Could you please tell me, which 3 out of the following 7 you would recommend?
Canterbury Court
Lambert and Fairfield Halls
Pankhurst Court at Dalton-Ellis Hall
Richmond Park
Sheavyn House at Ashburne Hall
Victoria Hall
Weston Hall

Thank you very much in advance!!
Reply 1
Well, if you want a quiet area, you should defiantly avoid halls on the Fallowfield campus, as i believe this is the main social hub for students, which would rule out Richmond Park, and Sheavyn House.

The Victoria Park campus is supposed to be somewhat quieter, so halls here might be more ideal, although halls on the City campus have quite a few foreign students so this might be better?

I'm due to start Manchester myself this year, and have mostly applied for halls in Fallowfield :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you, Orli!
Hope you find a nice place at Fallowfield!
Reply 3
im going into my third year at man uni and im staying at weston hall, the mansion accomodations aimed at older people apparently all 3rd years on my floor so not to bad
Reply 4
*weston court
Hello all! I have a beautiful double bedroom available in my wonderful house in Slaithwaite. 35 minute train to Leeds and Manchester (Station 5 minutes away) or 10 minutes to Huddersfield. Parking on main road. Great community, picturesque walks, cosy pubs, restaurants and cafes. Magical alternative to city living.

I am a happy, tidy, relaxed, friendly, hardworking artist, female 33 looking to share my home.

Large double room with stunning views. Contains double bed, loads of built in storage, wardrobe, desk and even a sofa if you want it, but if you have your own stuff I can get rid of this. Small garden which will look beautiful by the end of the summer (I love gardening!). Nice for morning tea and evening beers. Huge comfy corner sofa and wood burning stove makes the living room super warm and cosy. Lots of space for you in the kitchen, plus washing machine. Small clean bathroom with amazing bath but no shower. Animals are very welcome.

Rent is £320 cpm all inclusive. Breaks down as £210 rent, £30 gas and electric, £20 Water, £10 Internet, £50 council tax.

I am super relaxed and love having nice people around for drinks and dinner. Hope to hear from you. Email, text or call anytime for a viewing. Flexible move in date but minimum 6 months or ideally longer!

FLEXIBLE MOVE IN DATE!

*Slightly higher rate for couples*

Latest

Trending

Trending