The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
jonathan3909
They are associating him with terrorism,highly offensive!~

Every single picture?
I don't get how a group of people can be this over-sensitive.
I've noticed that a lot of people on this forum who support this pathetic movement are the same people who deride Islam for being a religion of terrorists. Is there not a hypocrisy alarm going off in their supposedly superior brains?!
Reply 43
jonathan3909
Allah, Most High said: "And who is more unjust than those who try to create the likeness of My creation? Let them create an atom, or let them create a wheat grain, or let them create a barley grain."[10]

[...] All the painters who make pictures would be in the fire of Hell-

So this applies to all pictures and not just Muhammad then?
Joluk

People draw silly pictures of Jesus all the time, yet most christians don't get worked up about it and offended, they simply ignore it. That's what you should be doing, giving such a negative reaction just motivates some unsavoury people to keep on doing it, because they know it offends you so much.

Excuse me,the people you are referring to are your fellow Christians and not muslims~We never would draw Jesus(pbuh)!
Kralizec
Every single picture?

Atleast half of them~
Kralizec
So this applies to all pictures and not just Muhammad then?

Yes to all~

But drawing our Holy Prophet and then relating him to offensive characters and objects is way beyond religious tolerance!
Reply 47
They chose Islam because you act like pricks over the smallest thing, and last time I checked we had freedom of speech before you joined our society. It would be a bit pointless doing a draw Jesus day cus Christians aren't really bothered. They are a religion, not a cult, therefore they can stand up to criticism.
Also what about representations of other prophets? Why don't you get upset about stained-glass windows with images of Jesus on them?
Reply 49
jonathan3909
Yes to all~

But drawing our Holy Prophet and then relating him to offensive characters and objects is way beyond religious tolerance!

Is your so called 'Holy Prophet' incapable of defending himself? Or waiting until the people who drew him die, so they can be sent to hell?
jonathan3909
Allah, Most High said: "And who is more unjust than those who try to create the likeness of My creation? Let them create an atom, or let them create a wheat grain, or let them create a barley grain."[10]

[...] All the painters who make pictures would be in the fire of Hell-

hmmm....I wonder if any group could use that verse to be against genetic engineering? We are altering creation, improving upon it? The same with growing organs in laboratories, we are creating organs...creating creations.

Anyway fear not Muslims, for those who draw the prophet, who mock Islam, shall surely be cast into Jahannam, they cannot imagine the torture which await them in that place! Their insides shall boil away again and again as they are forced to drink burning oil and eat of the Zaqqum! Allah most merciful wills it, it shall be so.
Reply 51
nolongerhearthemusic
Also what about representations of other prophets? Why don't you get upset about stained-glass windows with images of Jesus on them?

They claim to believe in Jesus and Moses, but in almost all majority Muslim states bibles are banned, and you get spat on if you go to church. It's amazing to compare their treatment of other religions with how they themselves expect to be treated.
nolongerhearthemusic

***** upon you!Had you loved Jesus(pbuh),you would be standing up!
Reply 53
jonathan3909
Yes to all~

All I see is incoherent rambling. You are not making any sense.

So because at least half of the pictures of Muhammad in existence portray him as a terrorist (yeah right) then no one should ever be allowed to draw any pictures of him because it's offensive and way beyond religious tolerance?

If you feel that way then I suggest you move to a country where freedom is speech is not as highly valued.

Christianity forbids blasphemy but I am perfectly free to say whatever I like about Jesus. Of course it may offend some Christians but people do not have a right to not be offended.

You have freedom of religion here, you are perfectly entitled to follow whatever religion you like. However you cannot force others to abide by the rules of your religion.

I can criticise your religion as much as I like but I cannot and would never try to take away your right to follow it.

Not being allowed to draw Muhammad is a rule of Islam. I am not a Muslim so I am not bound by it's rules and you have no right to force me to live by them.
Elipsis
Is your so called 'Holy Prophet' incapable of defending himself? Or waiting until the people who drew him die, so they can be sent to hell?
\

Let them all wait~
Kralizec

So because at least half of the pictures of Muhammad in existence portray him as a terrorist (yeah right) then no one should ever be allowed to draw any pictures of him because it's offensive and way beyond religious tolerance?

If you feel that way then I suggest you move to a country where freedom is speech is not as highly valued.

Christianity forbids blasphemy but I am perfectly free to say whatever I like about Jesus. Of course it may offend some Christians but people do not have a right to not be offended.

You have freedom of religion here, you are perfectly entitled to follow whatever religion you like. However you cannot force others to abide by the rules of your religion.

I can criticise your religion as much as I like but I cannot and would never try to take away your right to follow it.

Not being allowed to draw Muhammad is a rule of Islam. I am not a Muslim so I am not bound by it's rules and you have no right to force me to live by them.

I'm amongst the waiters!

47:18, Do they only wait for the Hour - that it should come on them of a sudden?
Reply 56
flugestuge
Muhammad(pbuh) ?
Do you mean Muhammad poo bah ?
Or Muhammad poo bear ?
Why this obsession with poo ?

You dont no a lot do you ?
Reply 57
It is obviously very important to muslims that people do not draw Muhammed so I think it's really unnecessary to do so. Why not just respect their religion even though you might not understand why not drawing is important?
Kralizec

People like you don't even respect Jesus(pbuh):s-smilie:
Reply 59
I agree.

But I think the best thing for muslims to do it ignore it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending