The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Freshers Week Events

Yer, I know - another person asking what is going to go on cos I am too giddy to wait to see what happens.

Nah, really though, UCL have a freshers ball! Im not too bothered if we do or dont have one of these (though it would be v.fun), but do QMUL students get something like this? Or is it themed parties?

We need to know, so we don't have a last minute panic running around Oxford Street looking for expensive clothes for a single evening!!! lol. I don't think many or any could afford to do that!

Recommended clothes for freshers week due to parties anyone?
What kind of parties will we be likely to be seeing?

Cheers. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Anubis
Yer, I know - another person asking what is going to go on cos I am too giddy to wait to see what happens.

Nah, really though, UCL have a freshers ball! Im not too bothered if we do or dont have one of these (though it would be v.fun), but do QMUL students get something like this? Or is it themed parties?

We need to know, so we don't have a last minute panic running around Oxford Street looking for expensive clothes for a single evening!!! lol. I don't think many or any could afford to do that!

Recommended clothes for freshers week due to parties anyone?
What kind of parties will we be likely to be seeing?

Cheers. :smile:

Well im with u on this debate, i too, really wana know wat we r letting ourselves into during the freshers week of fun n frolic.my friend as UEA is having a wild west themed party and a Sin City party! no fair!! but us girls have been warned to be aware of males on the pull! mind u, girls r equally fiesty,so wateva happens, lets make the most of it! :cool:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I think we'll get sent leflets in the post about the freshers gigs QMUL have comming up. Also as apart of UoL you will be allowed to go to any other UoL freshers gig, such as the UCL ball if you have someone there you know and is prepared to be responsible for you.
Reply 3
you guys should check out the student union website, i think i saw something about the first week there. uhh.. can't find it right now but just check it out in general: http://www.qmsu.org/index.php?&MMN_position=1:1
Reply 4
QM has a freshers ball too!

Just to remind any peeps comming to BL - we have our own freshers (and it's 2 weeks of mayhem!). You should have received your freshers packs from Sundeep and James the Entz officers. If not contact Hannah in Admissions.

If you have - my advice is to buy your Freshers pass and boat ball tickets now... Tickets do go quickly!
Reply 5
Is it just me?

My freinds who are going to another uni have their list of books, lists of people on their course, a rough time table, a list of frreshers do...

I haven't received a single post from queen marys since my results came out, eagerly looking out for the freshers pack, or perhaps the odd "congrats youre coming to barts letter" ... or even some information on the course in september.

Today, my eyes gleam and the first post i recieve from queen marys, i opened it up to find a Tuition Fee invoice.....not something i felt great about.... nonetheless atleast they know im alive.
Reply 6
The Barts packs were sent out last week. Phone the admissions office...

You won't get a reading list as such for BL - they don't dictate one. Most text books are much of a muchness and they leave it up to you to buy the one you like once term starts. Not that you need to buy an books in year one - the libraries are well stocked.
excuse my ignorance...BL?
Reply 8
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Reply 9
we have a freshers ball?!?!?! O.O

omigawd..
Fluffy
The Barts packs were sent out last week. Phone the admissions office...

You won't get a reading list as such for BL - they don't dictate one. Most text books are much of a muchness and they leave it up to you to buy the one you like once term starts. Not that you need to buy an books in year one - the libraries are well stocked.

we are not all medical students on here.
Reply 11
^^lol that was to me, and it was quite helpful :wink:
Reply 12
totallydeflated
we are not all medical students on here.

Read the whole thread - it's a bit like the mantra 'always fully read the exam question ', and will get you far :wink:

Missy = have you gotten your freshers pack yet?
Reply 13
This is for the medics and dentists coming to BL - The rest of you are also welcome to come to our legendary freshers.

Right my name is Sudeep and y'all probably recognise me ugly mug from the freshers guide. Anyways just wanted to say if you haven't got your freshers pack yet, contact me on www.admissionsforum.co.uk and private message me under the name suda.

If youve already bought your freshers pass and boat ball ticket, well done you, if not yet, i suggest you send off for it soon especially ball tickets are selling out fast.

Look forward to meeting you all and giving you an awesome freshers fortnight!

Lots of Love,
Sudeep
Reply 14
Whoop! The great Suda :biggrin:
What's with the SU website btw? It hasn't been updated for a year... :confused:
dont us normal freshers have a ball? and when shall we expect to receive our freshers information. is it true that last year, the barmy army came on the 18th of september and got every1 drunk that were living in halls?
Reply 17
pardon my ignorance but this freshers pack is it the QM course guide and tuition fees paperwork? or something else?
i have no idea!! they're being pretty rubbish about sending information on time...

so can someone from here please find out when/what/where etch our freshers is going to happen?!!?
Reply 19
I have got this leaflet sent from QM saying therz Fresher's Fayre's on 21st and 22nd September. What is this?

Latest

Trending

Trending