The Student Room Group

smoking a spliff the night before ur exam.. good, bad, or no effect?

i went from smoking weed twice to three times a week to once every 2 weeks or so. this is the last day of the second week and im fiending for a spliff.

i have two exams tomorrow (C1 and M1), 1:30pm and 3:00pm and i overslept today (woke up at 2pm) so i know that i won't be able to sleep till about 3 in the morning.

however, i wanted to get up at around 10:30 and do some revision before the exam. if i hit my sheets at 3, i wont be asleep till 3:30, so if i wake up at 10:30, that would mean i only had a 7 hour sleep and my eyes would be hurting the whole day. yes im lazy.

the alternative is that i smoke my joint when my parents are asleep (around 1am), watch an episode of 24 (takes me to 1:45am), then go sleep. that way, i'll be asleep by like 2:05 since i sleep like 10 mins earlier when im high (because sleeping whilst high is the best thing ever).

that way, i'll have a niiice 8 hour 25 min sleep before my exam, then another 3 hours of work when i wake up before my first one starts.

so, my question is.. will having this joint affect my exam performance tomorrow? whats the likelihood that it will?

i dont want any 'weed is bad' lectures, just a simple yes or no would do (or an explanation of whether its worth it or not)

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol get blazed right before ur exam you will be loving it.

on a serious note, spliff night before wont do much to affect your perfomance
Doubt it will affect you tomorrow, just help you sleep imo.
YEAH YEAH.. was what i was hoping to hear

i've been revising all day, thats another excuse to get stoned tonight

thanks!
Reply 4
You run the risk of smoking a spliff and falling asleep for 10 - 15 hours as I have done on many occasions....
Reply 5
don't smoke at all
Reply 6
YaDunKno
You run the risk of smoking a spliff and falling asleep for 10 - 15 hours as I have done on many occasions....

put an alarm on? XD
My experience with this: I smoked a spliff before my maths resit, needless to say I thought I did amazing, needless to say I got a D. But that's a different situation, think about whether in the exam you will be thinking about having a spliff instead of concentrating, if so have abit tonight but don't get too stoned
YaDunKno
ive learnt how to control that rofl
Reply 9
apoorvajsh
put an alarm on? XD

Believe me Ive tried, 5 mobile phone alarms across half an hour and a LOUD alarm on my radio ..... and it doesnt work ....
Reply 10
since it seem you already have a tolerance for it ... I doubt anything negative would happen.

However... watch this thread fill up with bro-science and tools advocating against the use of such substances in the first place haha.
Make sure you don't oversleep, as I have done.

Once me and my friend woke up at 4pm the next afternoon, in a state of absolute 'where the **** did the day go?'
W.H.T
don't smoke at all
i'll get about 6 more of these posts in the thread
vise06
since it seem you already have a tolerance for it ... I doubt anything negative would happen.

However... watch this thread fill up with bro-science and tools advocating against the use of such substances in the first place haha.
haha i know man, i can already see it coming
Reply 14
dumb maths student
ive learnt how to control that rofl

You must teach me!!!!!!
Weed is bad.
Reply 16
Cripes, not before a mechanics exam! *Shudder*
Bubbles*de*Milo
Make sure you don't oversleep, as I have done.

Once me and my friend woke up at 4pm the next afternoon, in a state of absolute 'where the **** did the day go?'
did it affect ur kitchen work?
Reply 18
YaDunKno

One spliff made you sleep that long?
Lolwut?
Reply 19
dumb maths student
i went from smoking weed twice to three times a week to once every 2 weeks or so. this is the last day of the second week and im fiending for a spliff.

i have two exams tomorrow (C1 and M1), 1:30pm and 3:00pm and i overslept today (woke up at 2pm) so i know that i won't be able to sleep till about 3 in the morning.

however, i wanted to get up at around 10:30 and do some revision before the exam. if i hit my sheets at 3, i wont be asleep till 3:30, so if i wake up at 10:30, that would mean i only had a 7 hour sleep and my eyes would be hurting the whole day. yes im lazy.

the alternative is that i smoke my joint when my parents are asleep (around 1am), watch an episode of 24 (takes me to 1:45am), then go sleep. that way, i'll be asleep by like 2:05 since i sleep like 10 mins earlier when im high (because sleeping whilst high is the best thing ever).

that way, i'll have a niiice 8 hour 25 min sleep before my exam, then another 3 hours of work when i wake up before my first one starts.

so, my question is.. will having this joint affect my exam performance tomorrow? whats the likelihood that it will?

i dont want any 'weed is bad' lectures, just a simple yes or no would do (or an explanation of whether its worth it or not)

thanks

Isn't 7 hour sleep? I understand 3/4hour sleep but I usually sleep only 6/5hour a day and dont see any side effect so do the spliff and whatever you like ^^.

Latest