The Student Room Group

Is "ABB" decent grades at a-level?

Scroll to see replies

decent?
compared to most people, yes.
however, we must bear in mind that most people are retarded. we must further bear in mind that you need about 50% to get a B for a lot of subjects, indicating that you dont know half of the subject matter.
no, i wouldnt consider them decent by any stretch.
DJ AgnieszkaA
decent?
however, we must bear in mind that most people are retarded. we must further bear in mind that you need about 50% to get a B for a lot of subjects, indicating that you dont know half of the subject matter.

i thought it was 50% for a D in most subjects? and it changes anyway as the marks scale... a B is a good grade
Reply 82
gingerrama
IRL: Yes, fair play.

On TSR: No, you utter failure. Kill yourself :h:

this.
Jordenfruitbat
i thought it was 50% for a D in most subjects? and it changes anyway as the marks scale... a B is a good grade

ah ok, its good because you say its good.
im not talking about UMS, im talking about raw score. you can get 70 UMS (a B) with <50% on the actual paper for an alarming amount of subjects.
Reply 84
Windsor01
Why are you such a negative penis?

i think the real question is, why arn't you? :biggrin:
infernalcradle
not really as that won't get you into the decent courses at top 10..hell even top 20 unis

Well, I got into a top 20 university with BCC (offer was ABB), so that's your argument void.

OP, they're good grades, in the real world. In the TSR would, anything below 3As with an additional AS is a fail.
Reply 86
infernalcradle
not really as that won't get you into the decent courses at top 10..hell even top 20 unis

she has something to tell you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb0n7GAkYhA&feature=fvsr
I'd say they are decent grades.
it is equivalent to asking whether finishing top 4 in premier league is alright, of coure it is, you just won't be the best.
Reply 89
I would be very pleased with ABB
DJ AgnieszkaA
decent?

First point - Sort your grammar out if you want to look down your nose at people
Second point - You are also 'most people', hence a retard
Third point - 50% does not equal a 'B' grade. Research before writing
Fourth point - It requires at least 90% to qualify as a massive f**king c**t. You achieved an incredible 110%, despite the 100% grade boundary (congrats).
Fifth point - They are decent grades.

Done.
Lil08
Do you think they're decent? :o: Would you regret not having worked hard with these grades?

I actually got really bad GCSE grades and for me to get ABB is a real achievement. The college suggested me to do BTEC. I would never have even made it to university with BTEC.

However i still think i could have done better.

Hiya, it's definitely pretty good. Better than average. I got quite good GCSE's (2 A*'s, 4 A's, 4 B's and 2 C's) and was predicted AAB at A level...didn't revise that much (I am so poor at time management!) but managed to be ABB which has got me into Leeds Uni, which is an amazing uni let's be fair! ABB will get you into a lot of good unis :smile:
HighestKungFu
First point - Sort your grammar out if you want to look down your nose at people
Second point - You are also 'most people', hence a retard
Third point - 50% does not equal a 'B' grade. Research before writing
Fourth point - It requires at least 90% to qualify as a massive f**king c**t. You achieved an incredible 110%, despite the 100% grade boundary (congrats).
Fifth point - They are decent grades.

Done.

my grammar has no relation to the topic in hand.
you clearly have no understanding of "most".
for geography, 50% equals an A grade. so i fail to see how you can say it doesnt equal a B grade.
90% of....... you chat ****.

you saying something is decent doesnt make it so.
done.
DJ AgnieszkaA
decent?

50% for a B?! I think YOU'RE retarded mate...do your research before throwing figures around. ABB is fine.
tenaciousgirl
50% for a B?! I think YOU'RE retarded mate...do your research before throwing figures around. ABB is fine.

look at the ******* grade boundries
i am talking about raw scores.
DJ AgnieszkaA
my grammar has no relation to the topic in hand.
you clearly have no understanding of "most".
for geography, 50% equals an A grade. so i fail to see how you can say it doesnt equal a B grade.
90% of....... you chat ****.

you saying something is decent doesnt make it so.
done.

At A-Level? I really doubt that (submit proof).

Also what were your grades exactly (if you have even received them yet)?

And I'm not the only one saying it, read the thread. ABB can get you onto courses in plenty of the very best universities.

You just achieved 120%. Congrats.
DJ AgnieszkaA
look at the ******* grade boundries
i am talking about raw scores.

And where is your evidence?
You seem to be the only person backing this argument...clearly because it has no grounds.
tenaciousgirl
And where is your evidence?
You seem to be the only person backing this argument...clearly because it has no grounds.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=649874
the evidence isnt far away.

"you are the only one saying it" is not a valid way to refute factual information.
infernalcradle

These universities are in the top 20 and gave me these offers for French and German:

Bath: ABB
Nottingham: ABB
Sheffield: BBB
Reply 99
Got these grades and I'm heading to Durham in September to study Pharmacy, so whoever said you can't get into the top 20 unis with those grades... lol.
ABB will, in most cases, get you where you need to go and that's the most relevant thing :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest