The Student Room Group
Reply 1
TheStuRo
Any suggest what I should look at before starting this? Was thinking I could skim through a SG textbook and pick up the basics.

It would probably be worthwhile going through a standard grade textbook, just try and learn the basics over the Summer and you should be able to cope after Summer, if you work hard and put in the effort :smile:.
Reply 2
Just get a higher text book, read it. Also, this isn't the same for everyone but those who don't do chemistry generally find it quite difficult, especially unit 1. So if you don't do chemistry, have a glance at an Int 2 textbook.
hii :biggrin:

I done crash higher biologyand felt I was at no disadvantage compared to my friends who all done standard grade. My teacher did give me a standard grade book but, to be totally honest, i looked at it once and never picked it up again :smile: The higher course is very different from standard grade and not much of the things linked. If you have a different teacher just make sure they know youre doing crash higher, it means they can explain anything you feel you donjt understand :wink: My method cant be too bad - I got As in the prelim and unit assessments :biggrin: (and im not one of they really smart people :laugh:) It might seem a bit much at the begginning but honestky stick with it it does get easier :smile:

good luck hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 4
My lovely teacher told me today to look over mitosis and the structure of a kidney from Standard Grade, which is an interesting combination, but apparently it should be part of every crasher's repertoire.
Reply 5
I'm happy; I'm finding this far easier and far more interesting than I thought I would. And on looking through the texbook, it seems that many of the things I missed will be retaught. Any advice would be welcome, though!
Reply 6
Armaros
My lovely teacher told me today to look over mitosis and the structure of a kidney from Standard Grade, which is an interesting combination, but apparently it should be part of every crasher's repertoire.

Yeah, mitosis will help when you do cellular division.
There are quite a few people crashing Higher Biology in my class, and we're doing to kidney right now, which is easier for those of us who've done standard grade because you do a fair bit on the kidney so knowing that made it easier to cope with the Higher information. So I'd revise the kidney. But I don't know what else might turn up seeing as I'm just starting. Loving Higher Bio at the moment though. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending