The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Key Stage 2/Key Stage 3 English Education with QTS

I've been looking at the different routes in to teaching English at secondary level, and ideally wanted to do a PGCE after getting a BA in English.

The main "deciding factor" as to which courses/Universities to persue is how much "real world practice" I can get in my first 3 years. Mainly because of how practical teaching is, and therefore experience is essential when it comes to doing an ITT course.

I was just wondering if anyone on here knew of how well this course relates to the secondary curriculum, and whether it would allow me to teach beyond year 9/KS3? Or is it mainly aimed at teachers working in middle schools?
I about to start the science course. I asked and they said that some some will employ you to teach to a higher standard. But some will require you to go a PGCE if you wanted to teach secondary.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Danno
I've been looking at the different routes in to teaching English at secondary level, and ideally wanted to do a PGCE after getting a BA in English.

The main "deciding factor" as to which courses/Universities to persue is how much "real world practice" I can get in my first 3 years. Mainly because of how practical teaching is, and therefore experience is essential when it comes to doing an ITT course.

I was just wondering if anyone on here knew of how well this course relates to the secondary curriculum, and whether it would allow me to teach beyond year 9/KS3? Or is it mainly aimed at teachers working in middle schools?

I do this course but science, first year we do 4 weeks in primary, second year we do 6 weeks primary, 7 weeks secondary and then third year 5 weeks in both. This is actually more work experience than the secondary qts degree, but working in primary. Though you will still be learning and gain a lot from it even though its not the age you wish to teach.

Latest

Trending

Trending