The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
tktaylor6
oh, is it makes me an idiot to think im better than others, but your not an idiot for thinking your better than me? hmm did they teach you that on your GNVQ?

Yes, but the people on here have grounds to believe they're better than you - those grounds being that on this thread you've thoroughly embarrassed yourself already :rolleyes:.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
ooo thats a point the tables, haha
1.oxford
2. cambridge
3. imperial
somewhere between 15-25: kings
Reply 42
All Science/Maths/Engineering courses at Kings suck. Almost a quarter of Kings students are on one of these courses hence its reputation being poor compared to UCL/ICL. Kings is also ugly :tongue: (Strand campus is anyway)
Reply 43
the league tables arent be all and end all unless you are shallow minded and have some big pride problem.
Reply 44
LivinItLarge!
Yet more and more Oxbridge students find themselves without jobs after graduation, maby because these students like yourslef think that reputation is everything and therefore do nothing else but work to get into and then get a degree from Oxbridge. Like I said before a uni's reputation isn't everything. If all you are good for is work and therefore don't have any social attributes etc then an employer is going to be less likely to offer you a job than say someone from Kings who is fairly smart but also have great social attributes such as TEAM working skills etc.

Substantiate this. Show me some links, or else I shall dismiss this statement for lack of evidence.
Reply 45
wait a sec...those of you who done a levels....what did you get?
Reply 46
tktaylor6
1.oxford
2. cambridge
3. imperial

Yes...because all intelligent immediately look to the league tables to back up their arguments :rolleyes:.

I seem to remember Oxford being 15th or something for Economics in the Times league table last year. I don't think even someone as head-slappingly dim as yourself needs to be told my point in bringing that up...
tktaylor6
1.oxford
2. cambridge
3. imperial

Did you not just read my last post! REPUTATION WON'T GARUNTEE YOU A JOB!!
Reply 48
tktaylor6

AAAA

Why?
:confused:
Reply 49
tktaylor6

AAB not counting crap like general studies

Maths
Computing
Eng Lang

Just becasue I defended vocationals doesnt mean I did one
tktaylor6
haha a BTEC is a joke, do you honestly belive all this equivelent lark is for real, its designed to boost your self esteem and keep the kids of the streets, the line is GCSE - A LEVEL (or IB) why do you think oxbridge only accept A level or IB people, no BTEC no GNVQ no "equivelents"

You do realise that Imperial College (the Mathematics and Computer Science departments, at least) accepts the BTEC, don't you?
Reply 51
because inless you got all A's i wont read your posts as you have an oppinion not worth hearing. those that did get all A's what subjetcs because if its micy mouse again i wont read
Reply 52
tktaylor6
lets take a subject they all teach, maths, lets compare the standard offer
imperial: AAB sometimes AAA
UCL: ABB
Kings: (ucas points or some other joke)

LMFAO

You rekon entry requirements determine which uni is best you joka?

Entry requirements say more about the competition not how good the actual university is.
Reply 53
BTEC in computer science is just as good as three a-levels and will prepare alot better for a BSc Comp Sci course,
in fact college in general woudl prepare you btter as your out of the school kiddy environment.
tktaylor6
UCL and KINGS both suck, IC is the best and you can tell because it gives higher offers, the higher the offer the better the uni.

UCL gave me a slightly higher offer for G100 maths than Imperial did (UCL wanted three 6s at IB, Imperial only wanted two) but I'm sure that's different for different candidates.
tktaylor6
actually i agree with the fellow above, there all rubbish, oxbridge is the ONLY good university

I assume you meant "Cambridge is the ONLY good university". :wink: Just three letters off, not a particularly bad typo.
Reply 55
well erm yea. are you suprised the accepted best universites country oxford and cambridge have much higher offers?
Reply 56
tktaylor6
because inless you got all A's i wont read your posts as you have an oppinion not worth hearing. those that did get all A's what subjetcs because if its micy mouse again i wont read

Ignorant piece of ****. You are so far up your own arse its unreal.
tktaylor6

:rofl: thats gota be the highlight of my day, altho as i did Sociology and Law alevels, you probably wont read this.
Reply 58
lol ignore this guy, he goes to APU [cambridge campus] and believes he is at Cambridge. Tk taylor is just a "wee lad :smile: "
Reply 59
tktaylor6

And unless you learn to spell and stop acting like an ass, I don't think many will be reading your posts for much longer.

Latest