The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How is everyone doing right now?

So less than 2 weeks till freshers' week starts. What are you all going to do? I live nearby anyway so I dont have to worry about the halls etc but will you all attend the weekend induction or wait for the individual course induction?

I cant make the wednesday freshers' events because I will be watching liverpool beating chelsea at anfield but is anyone else really looking forward to it?

Feel free to share your thoughts, anyone really nervous? I think I went clothes mad last week.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jkandola
So less than 2 weeks till freshers' week starts. What are you all going to do? I live nearby anyway so I dont have to worry about the halls etc but will you all attend the weekend induction or wait for the individual course induction?

I cant make the wednesday freshers' events because I will be watching liverpool beating chelsea at anfield but is anyone else really looking forward to it?

Feel free to share your thoughts, anyone really nervous? I think I went clothes mad last week.

Nervous. Nervous. Nervous. Chelsea will win. But I hate them. Nervous. Nervous. Nervous. Stress. CHD. Death.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh dear...a 'freshers only' thread... :frown:
Reply 3
jkandola
I think I went clothes mad last week.

I need to do some clothes shopping - my 'wardrobe' is disastrously small. Shame, because I HATE clothes shopping :mad: ...
Reply 4
Indeed, shopping for clothese is very boring. Luckily, I have what I want/need, so I'm OK! :biggrin:

Looking forward to coming to Uni now.... bit nervous, but that's expected, right?
Reply 5
I'm a little nervous...but I think that's partly to do with moving country as well :smile: Looking forward to it though...
Reply 6
I'm just expecting to be completely overwhelmed by how many people there are - I imagine I'll feel pretty lost in general :wink:...
Reply 7
I feel nervous about leaving home etc but excited becuase of meeting people...

Everyone keeps saying how everyone will be in the same boat as you which is true BUT it doesn't feel like it! I don't know why but it feels really strange!
Reply 8
I feel totally unprepared - probably because i'm not at all! lol!

I feel excited but a bit nervous - can see myself getting a bit overwhelmed by it all in the first few days!
Reply 9
AnOdeToNoOne
Nervous. Nervous. Nervous. Chelsea will win. But I hate them. Nervous. Nervous. Nervous. Stress. CHD. Death.

We all know that you're a closet Chelsea fan. You and your brother :rolleyes:
I think we will get a draw up there :cool:
Reply 10
omg, i'm pretty much organised, i have most of the clothes and have put aside what needs washing, i've got most kitchen stuff, and i know what i still need and i've packed my books and dvds.

all i need to do is put all my music on my laptop and book a doctors appointment for horrid jabs. oh and get my eyes tested.

this is so unlike me.

i think its just to keep me busy and stop all the nervous nervous NERVOUS stuff. i'm really worried about the first day, its going to be so busy, i just kind of want to sneak in the back and get everything ready and THEN go out and do stuff.
wildesight

all i need to do is put all my music on my laptop

Oooh yes, I need to do that too. Most of mine is on a different computer via our home network thingyamebob...
I need to pack.
Reply 12
Sarah Sheep
Oooh yes, I need to do that too. Most of mine is on a different computer via our home network thingyamebob...
I need to pack.

i'm not taking a suitcase..does this make me strange?
Well for me i'm not overly nervous because i've been at bording school and i'm used to living in halls and meeting people... but i remeber i was really nervous when i first went there 2 years ago... mainly because i wa in the same position as Geneva_debs is now...

But i've got most of my kitchen stuff... and already equipt with linens etc because of boarding school... so i'm ok i guess...

However, i am going stir crazy because summer is just dragging on... i'm so used to being surrounded by and living with tonnes of people my own age i can't wait to get there... and that makes me a little nervous cuz i tend to get chatty on the first fews days back and i don't want people to get annoyed at me... i think i'm doing now too so i think i'll try to stop....
wildesight
i'm not taking a suitcase..does this make me strange?

I don't think it's wise not too... trust me... you don't want to bee takeing tonnes of little bags... you'll wish you took one large suit case instead
Reply 15
I'm used to carrying masses of suitcases and bags whenever I go on holiday, so I'll be taking a lot of luggage with me!

I'm not all that nervous due largely to knowing you fantastic people, but also because I'm too confused with the huge amount of things I must get done before I go, and me not knowing where to start!
Reply 16
Cartouche
I'm used to carrying masses of suitcases and bags whenever I go on holiday, so I'll be taking a lot of luggage with me!

I'm not all that nervous due largely to knowing you fantastic people, but also because I'm too confused with the huge amount of things I must get done before I go, and me not knowing where to start!

So are you all going to be there on the 24th? if you are....how are you going to behave when you get there? LOL i can just see myself going around saying hi, im Jatinder(call me JJ although my family call me Ricky...lol) how are you.....

:rolleyes:
Reply 17
I'll be there on the 24th! I'll probably just put some things on my door and welcome any random passers-by. I don't know of any way to really get to know everyone quickly though...
Reply 18
I'm just ready to go. Not nervous, it ain't a huge deal. And If we are sharing whta fresher's activities we'll be missing, I'll be missing all of Thursdays.
Reply 19
jkandola
So are you all going to be there on the 24th? if you are....how are you going to behave when you get there? LOL i can just see myself going around saying hi, im Jatinder(call me JJ although my family call me Ricky...lol) how are you.....

:rolleyes:

Why do they call you Ricky?

Latest

Trending

Trending