The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
DAve_1
Try my collection - probably over 500 records I can't actually fit myself in my room anymore, it's all about the disney records, ghostbuster theme tune and various themes from gerry anderson puppet shows though.

New Little Bro album is wicked.

@ Asmode - you got the Murs and 9th Wonder collab album? One of my favourite.

Crazydave, there ain't nuffin like the old school, I have a secret love for Chubb Rock records :s

back to the old skooool, darn right nothing wrong with it!!!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
dozz87
60 hip hop albums and counting? hows 150 hip hop albums sound? plus many more MP3s, plus 50 rock cds...and 2 prodigy :smile:

Well I have about 120 albums overall... and only half is Hip Hop. :p:
The rest splits off into Funk, Dancehall, Metal, Jazz, and general eclectica.

I guess the main problem lies in that most of my material never got released
on CD. So that's why, with the help of some older guys, I've got mp3s of the
pre-CD era. That's about 200 "True School", 500 "Mid School", and 400 of the
somewhat sketchy "electro breakdance". The post-87 "Golden Age" material is
largely on CDs, but I'm still hunting (!) so there's a fat folder of that, too.
ktr18
do you know what i hate, all the bloody different names of genres...what the f*** is old school centric?!??!! sorry if i'm being dumb but surely i'm not the only one who's never heard of it!!!! i'll stick with my old school garage thanks, because frankly i'm just confused!!

I just meant "Old School". As you use yrself...

The word "centric" is just a way of saying "my centre" or "my focus" as a single phrase.
Like, an exhibitor at Crufts might say they love animals but they're really "dog-" or "canine-centric".
Perhaps it doesn't come up in everyday English... pah.
Reply 103
DAve_1
Try my collection - probably over 500 records I can't actually fit myself in my room anymore, it's all about the disney records, ghostbuster theme tune and various themes from gerry anderson puppet shows though.

New Little Bro album is wicked.

@ Asmode - you got the Murs and 9th Wonder collab album? One of my favourite.

Crazydave, there ain't nuffin like the old school, I have a secret love for Chubb Rock records :s

that's the Murs 3:16 one right? cause i think that 9th wonder did the beats for it. anyway, that's the one i have.
Reply 104
dogtanian
As long as you don't embrace it too loudly :frown: My indiepop'll just get drowned out :frown:

it sure wil my friend
Reply 105
okay, people talking about how much music they have... i don't know how many albums, etc. but i have 2000 songs in my music library, and growing. not as many as 500 records or anything, but i'm pretty damn happy with it!
Apparently, I've 3375 track in my music library, but to be honest, I've got about 25 CDs worth of stuff that forms the main bulk of my listening. Favourites you might call them :biggrin:.
Reply 107
asmodexx
that's the Murs 3:16 one right? cause i think that 9th wonder did the beats for it. anyway, that's the one i have.

Yup, that's the one.
DAve_1
Murs and 9th Wonder collab album?

I've never heard any Murs tracks (knowingly) so I just looked up the album...
It's alright I guess. Better than gangsta stuff, but still not my style.

I linked to a couple of new LPs on the first page. Tell me what you think.
Reply 109
Yeah, i'm likin that Omega Watts album, heard quite a bit about him recently aswell.

Check Kanye with 17 Piece orchestra at Abbey Road:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/r...&bbram=1&bbwm=1

Pretty damn ill if you ask me.
Havn't read through all the posts but could someone suggest any French Hip Hop worth listening to??
Reply 111
Sick Boy II
Havn't read through all the posts but could someone suggest any French Hip Hop worth listening to??

Saian Supa Crew are probably the most well known and they are superdopefunkyflyfresh, like a French J 5 almost.

MC Solaar is another one but i'm sure there's loads more out there to be discovered.
DAve_1
Saian Supa Crew are probably the most well known and they are superdopefunkyflyfresh, like a French J 5 almost.

MC Solaar is another one but i'm sure there's loads more out there to be discovered.

Cheers mate, will check them out. Am listening to a lot of J5 at the moment as well :yy:
DAve_1

They're basically the two I've heard of most,
but oddly enough I knew a guy in college who was into the stuff...

Once he said to me "People have such stereotypical views of French rap"
- which kinda cracked me up. Most people don't have any views of it at all!
Literally not on the radar. :p:

Personally I can't stand the sound of rapping in French, they make better R'n'B.
German is okay... Spanish is better. Best I've heard would probably be Scandinavian.
Reply 114
crazydaveuk
They're basically the two I've heard of most,
but oddly enough I knew a guy in college who was into the stuff...

Once he said to me "People have such stereotypical views of French rap"
- which kinda cracked me up. Most people don't have any views of it at all!
Literally not on the radar. :p:

Personally I can't stand the sound of rapping in French, they make better R'n'B.
German is okay... Spanish is better. Best I've heard would probably be Scandinavian.

hahahaha very true mate, i havent heard any french rap but im open to anything as long as it is as lyrically genius as G unit......JOKES

Latest

Trending

Trending