The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Find a old box, if you dont have one go to a electronic shop and ask, they often have spare boxes they'l give ya, then use some of that polysterene and / or bubble wrap to secure it so it doesnt shake that much, make sure its tight so it doesnt move about allot., might wanna add extra bubble wrap just incase it tips over or sumin
Reply 2
kingofthering
Hi everyone, I was planning on lugging my desktop pc to university and was wondering the best way to transport it. I'll probably be travelling to uni from home via train as the drive is far too long.

Any ideas on how to transport the Desktop safely?

BTW, I'm also taking my laptop, just wanted to know how to transport my desktop.

Are you taking everything to uni by train? Or are you asking how best to transport your PC from uni to home when you travel to and from both places?

Consider a big box? Or if you're up to the job, switch it for a small form factor case or a more portable case.
I bought a really big suitcase, and mine is a large mid-tower.
Two things to think about though:

Size - I found literally only one suitcase on ebay which would fit it.
Weight - My PC weighs 25Kg all told.
What I did.

Tower in suitcase wrapped by clothes and some giant bubblewrap - Take on train
Monitor/speakers/xbox put into Box - sent by parcel force, arrived in two days cost only 20 pounds (15kg 3 boxes)
Reply 5
Either get a delivery company to transport it for you, or maybe just take the parts and find a tower and power supply when youre there?
Reply 6
yoyo462001
What I did.

Tower in suitcase wrapped by clothes and some giant bubblewrap - Take on train
Monitor/speakers/xbox put into Box - sent by parcel force, arrived in two days cost only 20 pounds (15kg 3 boxes)

Thats probably the most efficient way of transporting the tower, but how did you pack the monitor? Did you put it in the original box or use some other packaging?
kingofthering
Thats probably the most efficient way of transporting the tower, but how did you pack the monitor? Did you put it in the original box or use some other packaging?

For monitor I used original package. Was very very useful, since it's in the right shape and has all the polystyrene I can rest easy I wont get any scratches or dents to the screen.

Latest

Trending

Trending