The Student Room Group

Raf student nursing

Hello my name is Rio i'm 18, ive been interested in joining the raf to do nursing since going to college, i have just finished my A levels and and in full time employment, this friday (27th) i am going to peterborough for one of the presentations on student nursing, i just wondered if anyone else is interested or anyone is going this friday??

thanks Rio :smile:
Hi Rio,

I'm in the same position as you (but a little older...i'm 20) and I'm currently working as a care assistant and have been for the past 2 and a half years. I'm also in the RAF reserves as a flight nursing assistant, but only just doing basic training atm as that was a relatively new thing that I only picked up a few months ago when I was expecting to be going to medical school to do my medicine degree, but it didn't work out, hence why I would now like to join up as a student nurse!
I haven't been to one of the presentations yet, did you find out about this from your AFCO? They weren't very helpful really, just told me to ring the careers line and register my interest...which I have so i'm just waiting for the text/e-mail to apply with now.

Any chance you would either be able to give me any info that you were given at the presentation or should I try another AFCO and see if they can point me in the direction of one. I'll probably do that anyway as I'd like to see myself but yeah, any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm so excited :smile: Maybe I'll see you at Halton someday, hopefully :smile:

xx
Reply 2
Hi Rio and Charlie.

Most AFCO are crappy tbh, no one wants to be there and its a rotational programme. There are a few numbers that you can call, to try and sort your presentation. I'm 21, left uni half way through 2nd year due to illness, and working part time now. I was recently booked onto the Newcastle AFCO presentation on the 29th November, and I'm waiting for the train tickets now :smile:
here are some numbers that might help you, more than the AFCO helped me anyways,

08458508050 RAF Careers
01400266782 Nursing phone line.

Just talk to them, they're really nice people.
good luck!
xx
hey guys

So I'm booked on a presentation on the 10th january in Brighton (couldn't make it to the 29th one) and my application has been oving forward too, AST's next thursday ad let's see where we go from there :smile:

xx
Reply 4
Hi, I'm currently still at college and I have a year left. I want to become a student nurse in the RAF. I've been to the recruitment office and rang the nursing phone line about this and they said it ring back once I have met the requirements which I understand. However this has left me not knowing what to do about my UCAS which the college will be wanting us to completes soon. Also for those who are in a similar situation or have been, please could you explain the process to me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending