The Student Room Group

Barts and the London Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't worry about knowing the article word for word...just make sure you have a few arguments for and against whatever it is about and as long as you can justify your opinion you should be fine :smile: They don't expect you to know everything about every little bit, and since in general these scenarios are ethical and there is no "right" or "wrong" answer you'll be fine :h:

I think showing you have some personality is more important that being a robot and knowing every little thing. I suppose you can do that by elaborating on the "Why Barts" question, say what kind of thing's that we do here that interest you, what we have here that may not be available elsewhere etc

You'll find that the interviewers are really friendly, I sure did, and I really enjoyed my interview here. Time really flies by and I didn't even feel like it was an interview, more or a chat about Barts and why I'd like to be there - with some questions on the article but you don't spend long on it as that's not really the main focus. By that I mean the interview is there to get an insight into you as a person and if they think you'd do well here (which I'm sure you all will do) :smile:

I also remember my interviewers looking at the time and saying "oh we still have time..." and then proceeding to try to find a question to ask :p:
Reply 1581
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Ok.. so what does this have to do with you trying out your 'Why Barts' answer on me? :colone:

I jest, I jest :colondollar:

Well I'm pretty happy with my answer :u:

Besides, it was I who was jesting MU :adore:

Original post by FFCrusader
I wouldn't worry about knowing the article word for word...just make sure you have a few arguments for and against whatever it is about and as long as you can justify your opinion you should be fine :smile: They don't expect you to know everything about every little bit, and since in general these scenarios are ethical and there is no "right" or "wrong" answer you'll be fine :h:

I think showing you have some personality is more important that being a robot and knowing every little thing. I suppose you can do that by elaborating on the "Why Barts" question, say what kind of thing's that we do here that interest you, what we have here that may not be available elsewhere etc

You'll find that the interviewers are really friendly, I sure did, and I really enjoyed my interview here. Time really flies by and I didn't even feel like it was an interview, more or a chat about Barts and why I'd like to be there - with some questions on the article but you don't spend long on it as that's not really the main focus. By that I mean the interview is there to get an insight into you as a person and if they think you'd do well here (which I'm sure you all will do) :smile:

I also remember my interviewers looking at the time and saying "oh we still have time..." and then proceeding to try to find a question to ask :p:

Everyone comments on how friendly the interviewers are, which puts my mind at ease somewhat.

Wish i could recognise you guys so i know who are the ones that have been on TSR lol,
What colour ties!!!,
There must be a way lol
Original post by rainorshine
Wish i could recognise you guys so i know who are the ones that have been on TSR lol,
What colour ties!!!,
There must be a way lol

Thick stripes, blue and silver http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_097010727345_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Men~Accessories~Ties+%26amp%3B+cufflinks

If you think it's me that you say. Simply ask what penguins say and I will quack :yep:
Thick stripes, blue and silver http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_097010727345_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Men~Accessories~Ties+%26amp%3B+cufflinks

If you think it's me that you say. Simply ask what penguins say and I will quack :yep:

You sort of know what I look like :tongue: so yeh I'll trust others to find me :colone:
Reply 1585
Original post by rainorshine
What colour ties!!!,
There must be a way lol

Ive alreadyy had my interview before xmas, but if you wanna be able to recognise me if we all end up going to Barts next year (i can hope) just check my avatar :P, obvs ignore the face paint and coloured contact lenses (it was halloween) as that isnt what I look like all the time, or I have a larger picture at my profile :biggrin: dressed as appollo (de God) oh I do like to dress up XD.
Reply 1586
Original post by FFCrusader

thanks for this, made me feel ALOT at ease !!:smile: I think its important to keep it simple and pretty much be yourself and they do say only a 'little' research is needed. The fact tthat there are no right or wrong answers means that its really about your own thinking and personality. Hope im thinking about this in the right way...week to go :confused:
Reply 1587
Original post by kalim13
hope so. 4 hour interview?? seriously.

I applied and was interviewed when the entrance exam was MCAT (yes, many years ago) the interview process was only 2 hours if that. I know the format has changed slightly but didn't realise it was 4 hours now.

Well on the mail they sent me they sed il be in that place for 4 hours... so yea i spose time for getting ready and getting into groups and what nots, it wont be 4 hrs but arnd 2.5 hrs im sure... and i hope they give you a break in between!! :P
Medicine Man
If Penguinsaysquack gets into Barts and the London, I will look after him and make him awesome

RollerBall
I hope Penguinsaysquack gets in, he's clearly an awesome guy

FFCrusader
Chicken! :ahee:

win2kpro
I should pull some strings to get Penguinsaysquack an offer

digitalis
What do you mean you've run out of false quotes? :rolleyes:

Star_struck
Even though I was missed off the list originally, I still love Penguinsaysquack :yep:

Some of us reapplicants that are being interviewed tomorrow think it would be a good idea to blow off steam after the interview the alcohol way :awesome:

Do you know of any bars near The London that are relatively cheap?

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by kappleberry
Morning people

Ready?
Just thought, when is your interview? Might have got it wrong there. Tomorrow or no?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tome27
Ready?

I just deleted that message realisig that it's actually afternoon now:colondollar:

hmm..not totally ready. Got many Qs to go through. How many questions roughly are you preparing for?=/
Original post by tome27
Ready?
Just thought, when is your interview? Might have got it wrong there. Tomorrow or no?

The coming Thursday :smile:
I just deleted that message realisig that it's actually afternoon now:colondollar:

hmm..not totally ready. Got many Qs to go through. How many questions roughly are you preparing for?=/

I go through the ISC book so about 90 normal ones. They can all be answered using common sense or with about 5 examples I have so familiarisation is all I'm doing. Mine's tomorrow so getting desperate now!
Original post by tome27
I go through the ISC book so about 90 normal ones. They can all be answered using common sense or with about 5 examples I have so familiarisation is all I'm doing. Mine's tomorrow so getting desperate now!

What time? Good luck! You decided what you wearing?....Im sure you have.

90? :eek:
I've only just about got through 10!
What time? Good luck! You decided what you wearing?....Im sure you have.

90? :eek:
I've only just about got through 10!

Haha I spent about a minute on each one and skimmed through. This is my third interview so I'm getting sick of it now. I don't memorise answers. I'm not crazy!
And the joy of being male. All I have to do is pick a tie.
Some of us reapplicants that are being interviewed tomorrow think it would be a good idea to blow off steam after the interview the alcohol way :awesome:

Do you know of any bars near The London that are relatively cheap?

LHT (tiger striped buillding - i kid you not) , is literally right next to Royal london Hospital, just look to the left!

and then you could always finish the night off with royal pfc!?!?....NOTHING beats fried chicken :yep:
nervous for tomorrow! so many q's to go through yet so lillllll tiiiimmmeeee!!!
Original post by Star_struck
LHT (tiger striped buillding - i kid you not) , is literally right next to Royal london Hospital, just look to the left!

and then you could always finish the night off with royal pfc!?!?....NOTHING beats fried chicken :yep:

Just google mapped it.. you really weren't kidding about the tiger stripes..

I won't be there for the night.. just for a pint then will be off to birmingham to continue my UK Tour :yep:

You'd recommend this bar then? If you drink do you drink there?

I missed you off the false quotes list.. obviously you're not active enough here on TSR :ninja:
B

Penguin! Ready to take those interviewers?
Original post by tome27
Penguin! Ready to take those interviewers?

Almost!
Just going through one question and then going to refine my 'Why Barts' points to make sure I don't end up rambling.

Yourself?

Will you be joining myself and moist for some much needed 'refreshments' afterwards? (probably 4 30.. 5ish)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending