The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kandie
I got it after I firmed my decision on UCAS.

Hmm...the only letter i've had since firming is the immunisation advice/occy health booklet. I think an email to the admissions office is required :tongue:
Original post by iamwhatiamnot
Hmm...the only letter i've had since firming is the immunisation advice/occy health booklet. I think an email to the admissions office is required :tongue:

interesting, i have not received said booklet but have received the other thing.

strange goings-ons.

did you guys get anything about choosing accommodation?
Original post by MaximumLulz
interesting, i have not received said booklet but have received the other thing.

strange goings-ons.

did you guys get anything about choosing accommodation?

I got my accommodation booklets and application form at the beginning of March, you?
Original post by iamwhatiamnot
I got my accommodation booklets and application form at the beginning of March, you?

no, i didn't have an offer then.

might have to go down there and sort all this stuff in person. was there a deadline on that accommodation stuff?
Original post by MaximumLulz
no, i didn't have an offer then.

might have to go down there and sort all this stuff in person. was there a deadline on that accommodation stuff?

Yeah, but don't think it was until august :smile:
are you supposed to sort out accomodation even if brighton is your insurance?
Original post by carrmaki
Hi there,

I´m a mature student (28 years old). Does that make three of us now?

looking forward to meeting you and the rest of our class.

cheers!

likewise it should be good hopefully - see you then :biggrin:
Its my birthday, and I just received a beautiful stethoscope with my name engraved lol... If its possible to have even more pressure, I now do!
Original post by emilylikeeee
Its my birthday, and I just received a beautiful stethoscope with my name engraved lol... If its possible to have even more pressure, I now do!

:biggrin: happy birthday
Original post by Neomaster121
:biggrin: happy birthday

Wooo thank you :smile:

:birthday: HAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday:

Ah, more exam pressure. It always seems to be an extra birthday present :holmes:

What uni/college address did you guys put down on yar student finance form? There also seems to be a section for another address, "if the course is franchised [to another uni]". So is it a good idea to put, say brighton uni address on the first one, and sussex on the second one? Not a last minute question at all :ninja: :tongue:
Hi guys, we are Bill and Matt and we are your BSMS freshers reps for 2011!

I know a lot of you still have exams ahead of you, but please join our freshers week event on facebook, it's a great way to keep up with all the latest news for the week.

here's a link to the event...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=101440383283429

xxx
Does anyone know how lenient BSMS are towards missed offers?
I'm only worried about biology, F215 did not go well, and I reckon its literally on knife's edge whether I get A or not :s-smilie:
Original post by Kalamari Dave

Original post by Kalamari Dave
Does anyone know how lenient BSMS are towards missed offers?
I'm only worried about biology, F215 did not go well, and I reckon its literally on knife's edge whether I get A or not :s-smilie:

Not lenient at all I'm afraid. :frown:
I'm just as worried that I'll miss my grades, but unfortunately unless you have the right amount of UCAS points (from whatever combination of grades) then I'm pretty sure there's nothing else we can do. It sucks!
Reply 1174
BSMS is my insurance option...
ive sorted out my accomodation..

but i haven't heard anything about immunisations or CRB checks and all that.... Have other people??
Reply 1175
Original post by Harroo
BSMS is my insurance option...
ive sorted out my accomodation..

but i haven't heard anything about immunisations or CRB checks and all that.... Have other people??

Hey! I heard back from bsms quite a while back regarding immunisation an the crb check. I think this was back in may. I sent of all the forms and my crb check was completed within two weeks :smile:
Just filling out the accommodation form right now.
(Also briefly amused myself almost ticking the "All Female Area" preference box :colone:)

I'm wondering whether I should put in the further information box that I'm vegetarian, and would perhaps like to be grouped with other vegetarians willing to be grouped together (but wouldn't mind if I didn't).

Rationale is that (it would bring massive peace of mind to mum :rolleyes:), I guess its more hygenic utensils wise, and its easier to share cooking with flatmates, and plus I won't be treated to the smell of frying bacon or fish, etc. every mealtime.

Should I put this down?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1177
Original post by siim
Hey! I heard back from bsms quite a while back regarding immunisation an the crb check. I think this was back in may. I sent of all the forms and my crb check was completed within two weeks :smile:

I just called them. It's fine, they said that because i put BSMS as my insurance i'll get all the forms only if i dont meet my firm choice's grades :smile: phew. got worried for a sec :smile:
anyone heard about accomadation yet?
Original post by Neomaster121
anyone heard about accomadation yet?

Nope.
I spoke to them a while ago, and they say they'll assign everyone accommodation on "selecting out of a hat" at a particular date (didn't specify which, but hinted that it's quite late), and that apparently medics do get their acc. guaranteed in Paddock Fields, though not sure for anywhere else.
Where are you hoping to stay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending