The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You have to remember alot of facts for AS Politics, and learn the exam technique. If you're good with essay subjects then it's really interesting and enjoyable and you should get a good grade.

I also did OCR! If you need any help with it, PM me. I got 91 and 83 in those exams!
Amy124
Not hard but challenging at times. As long as you keep up to date with relevant examples and are good at essay technique you'll be grand.
Good Luck :wink:

ok thanks :smile:
FillhouseMining
are you doing politics?

Yeah, I'm onto A2 now. I got a B (few marks of an A!!:mad: )
I can help you out if you want :smile:
Reply 23
FillhouseMining
really? you were just doing 3 subjects in AS-level?

Yup did History, Politics and Psychology. Got AAB and will be heading to Southampton on Saturday. I'd recommend 4 for the first year but unless you're aiming for a top 10 extra as' will probably make you do worse in other subjects and get into a lower uni AAA is much better than BBBBB
Reply 24
Oh also I did British at AS and American at A2. British is much easier because you get all the examples in the news whereas in america it takes alot of researching! Just warning!
I would say not, but then again, out of the three A-Levels I did (History and English being the others) it was the only subject I had to retake a module in, so it depends a lot on how you learn and exam technique I suppose.
Muffinz
You have to remember alot of facts for AS Politics, and learn the exam technique. If you're good with essay subjects then it's really interesting and enjoyable and you should get a good grade.

I also did OCR! If you need any help with it, PM me. I got 91 and 83 in those exams!

are you studying it in the school or take it independently?
W_i_l_l
Yup did History, Politics and Psychology. Got AAB and will be heading to Southampton on Saturday. I'd recommend 4 for the first year but unless you're aiming for a top 10 extra as' will probably make you do worse in other subjects and get into a lower uni AAA is much better than BBBBB

i was wondering about my philosophy, it's quite hard for me.. maybe i won't get a good result for it, so i want to take another subject like politics independently.. is it good for me to take politics or it's better for me to just concentrate in my philosophy?
mexicanbasterd
Yeah, I'm onto A2 now. I got a B (few marks of an A!!:mad: )
I can help you out if you want :smile:

Reply 29
FillhouseMining
are you studying it in the school or take it independently?

I studied it at school, yes. The lessons were basically us being told what to research and take notes on, so it was an awful lot like self-study to be fair.
Reply 30
Hi. I'm taking the politics a level independently with AQA. I have the course book, but can anyone recommend any other useful books? (for the AS course)? Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending