The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Beauty Set?
taz101
Well basically a close friend of mine (a girl) birthday is coming up soon and I rather like her and want to get her something but I don't know what to get, any ideas?

Bath stuff is really nice! Like scented stuff which come in little satin ribbons and things. Boots do them and they're a really nice gift.
Chocolate is fail safe but everyone does chocolate. Maybe make up, if you know any particular brands she likes? Please don't buy any clothes though!
Or you could work around certain hobbies she has/stuff she likes?
Reply 3
ibbyibz
Beauty Set?

Thanks but I don't want to get her anything like that.
Reply 4
nikita_atikin
Bath stuff is really nice! Like scented stuff which come in little satin ribbons and things. Boots do them and they're a really nice gift.
Chocolate is fail safe but everyone does chocolate. Maybe make up, if you know any particular brands she likes? Please don't buy any clothes though!
Or you could work around certain hobbies she has/stuff she likes?

Hmm bath stuff, I'll note it down as a possible option, love the sig btw.
taz101
Hmm bath stuff, I'll note it down as a possible option, love the sig btw.

Lol thanks ha :biggrin: Big love for chandler! OP, give her a gift that means something to her. :smile:

pamelaa
Don't get her bath stuff, girls get enough of that. If she's into music get her a hmv voucher, i'd like that :P

Oh yeah, fair point actually :s-smilie: I was thinking that maybe she might like a guy giving her bath stuff especially if OP likes her. :biggrin: Because normally it's the girls that give each other bath stuff.
Reply 6
Do you think it'd be a good idea asking her friends? (who also happen to be close friends of mine)
Reply 7
taz101
Well basically a close friend of mine (a girl) birthday is coming up soon and I rather like her and want to get her something but I don't know what to get, any ideas?

give her some flowers and new handphone or necklace :smile:
Reply 8
hidayah
give her some flowers and new handphone or necklace :smile:

If you could show me some examples of necklaces, that would be much appreciated.
Reply 9
oh, so sorry. i don't have any example, but i 'm sure she'll like it.anyway u should choose her favourite colour.u can see what colour cloth she always wearing everyday.i'm sure thats her favourite colour. mostly white and blue or purple colours are to be favourite necklace among girls :smile:
Reply 10
do NOT get her bath stuff, girls get so much of it, makes me angry after a while

if you're a really close friendv of hers, maybe think of something funny to do with a hobby of hers/something she's obsessive about, or something to do with an in-joke you have?
Reply 11
hidayah
oh, so sorry. i don't have any example, but i 'm sure she'll like it.anyway u should choose her favourite colour.u can see what colour cloth she always wearing everyday.i'm sure thats her favourite colour. mostly white and blue or purple colours are to be favourite necklace among girls :smile:

Thanks anyway
Reply 12
theths
do NOT get her bath stuff, girls get so much of it, makes me angry after a while

if you're a really close friendv of hers, maybe think of something funny to do with a hobby of hers/something she's obsessive about, or something to do with an in-joke you have?

Alright no bath stuff:biggrin:
ask a common friend of yours what is she interested in..get her something which she likes...
taz101

Jewelry? It's a pretty safe bet when it comes to girls. They like all that kind of stuff. Otherwise something that's meaningful to her is good too. Find out what she likes, and get something related to that. :smile:
Reply 15
taz101
Thanks anyway

welcome, no prob friends :biggrin:

don't give her bath stuff, :smile:
Any of these:
-Perfume
-Beauty product
-Boque of Flowers
-Jewellery item [Necklace/ Locket/ Bracelet]
-Purse
-Books [if she likes reading]