The Student Room Group

Relationship

I’ve been with my man for a few years now but we did take a break in between. When we go out I don’t pay for Bascially anything. He pays do all the food and stuff and hasn’t mentioned anything yet. I have booked activities before but that’s about it and buy him gifts for birthdays and anniversaries etc. I feel awkward offering to pay. What should I do? Or is this okay how it is now?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been with my man for a few years now but we did take a break in between. When we go out I don’t pay for Bascially anything. He pays do all the food and stuff and hasn’t mentioned anything yet. I have booked activities before but that’s about it and buy him gifts for birthdays and anniversaries etc. I feel awkward offering to pay. What should I do? Or is this okay how it is now?

How is this even a relationship when it’s not split 50/50 so if your man was to buy you an expensive gift or you demanded a expensive gift he gives you it do you just take it off him?
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
How is this even a relationship when it’s not split 50/50 so if your man was to buy you an expensive gift or you demanded a expensive gift he gives you it do you just take it off him?

I would never demand a gift I never said that. And no I wouldn’t just take it off him in terms of gifts I would always reciprocate. If I was given a gift I would give a gift back vice Versa. I am talking about when we go out. He pays for majority of it.
I would never demand a gift I never said that. And no I wouldn’t just take it off him in terms of gifts I would always reciprocate. If I was given a gift I would give a gift back vice Versa. I am talking about when we go out. He pays for majority of it.

Then you do same pay equally.
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
Then you do same pay equally.

I feel like he has a bit of an ego though. So I am not sure how he would react with me wanting to pay. But let’s see.
I feel like he has a bit of an ego though. So I am not sure how he would react with me wanting to pay. But let’s see.

Just be like you’d like to pay half, half

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending