The Student Room Group

Is my friend toxic?

To summarise myself and my friend have been friends for almost 10 years. We are both 28.

1. My dad died last year and she text me and said she had a gift for me but never gave it to me.

2. It was my birthday and she forgot to say happy birthday - she text the next day saying how busy she has been

3. She was meant to visit me at home 2 times and told me she had to go to an event the first time with her boyfriend, second time she couldn't come for another reason.

4. She calls me her best friend and wants me to be maid of honour at her wedding.

5. She invited me over when hungover then said within the hour her and her boyfriend had to leave to go to the cinema. She ordered a burger for them ate it in front of me and then left.

Since not saying happy birthday she has BOMBARDED me with texts...she always does when she has cancelled or done something like that.

What is going on!
Original post by daisymay1996
To summarise myself and my friend have been friends for almost 10 years. We are both 28.
1. My dad died last year and she text me and said she had a gift for me but never gave it to me.
2. It was my birthday and she forgot to say happy birthday - she text the next day saying how busy she has been
3. She was meant to visit me at home 2 times and told me she had to go to an event the first time with her boyfriend, second time she couldn't come for another reason.
4. She calls me her best friend and wants me to be maid of honour at her wedding.
5. She invited me over when hungover then said within the hour her and her boyfriend had to leave to go to the cinema. She ordered a burger for them ate it in front of me and then left.
Since not saying happy birthday she has BOMBARDED me with texts...she always does when she has cancelled or done something like that.
What is going on!
Honestly, it feels as if she's just using you. I don't know if this is an accurate description, but it feels as if you're a puppy, and she's the owner, always needing you but pushing you away when not needed.
Moreover, I would say she's not toxic, but more of a careless and selfish individual as she doesn't seem to think about others around her due to the current description.

I hope everything goes well and I wish you the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending