The Student Room Group

bra fitting

anon or delete please! .....and before anyone says pics or GTFO, i'm going to let u know that no pics will be posted!

Just wondering whether anyone else gets as nervous about going for a fitting - i know that i definitely need one since my bra is really not as supportive as it should be, and have been looking online and found that my size has gone up :eek3:

I've guessed what size should fit, but i know that until you try the bra on you won't know etc. but just wondering which place is the best to get fitted at? - also - don't have much time either cos uni starts, so it has to be a place where they fit you really quickly.

Suppose all i need is some reassurance really - and just want to know whether anyone gets as nervous as i do!!

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

M&S is probably the best, definately if your size is D+ I tihnk Debanhams do fittings too, bravissimo shops,
Reply 2
I don't really like standing in my bra in front of random sales assistants :frown: I always get a little, not nervous, but I don't like it.

I always go to M&S, they actually do have some quite nice bra's there :p:

I know they do it at La Senza too but I've never been there!

You'll be fine though, and it's great because you can really feel a difference when you're wearing the right size! :smile:
M&S is as good as anywhere, and quite a big selection, though half of them you think - you'd never catch me wearing that lacy thing!!
have fun!! :P
Reply 4
I went to John Lewis but M&S sounds like a good bet since John Lewis only really had reasonable but plain own brand bras or £30+ ones. As for time, idk what you're worried about, it'll only take about 10 minutes.
Reply 5
La Senza
Rigby & Peller, Bravissimo or Debenhams.
Reply 7
It depends what size you are :p: I always go to Bravissimo.

The assistants have seen it all, don't worry about that, they don't care :p: We all have boobs, it's not a problem. You don't have to show them all of your boob, you can get them to leave while you change.
Just learn to enjoy your body, why not spend 5 mins a day looking at your breasts in a mirror then you will get to love them.
M&S, La Senza, department stores. :smile:

It's really nothing to worry about - the bra fitters know what they're doing, and they're friendly and professional. :smile:
Yes I do get nervous, but they really have seen it all before, and you never have to see them again! I go to Rigby & Peller, it's expensive but soooo worth it - you do have to take off top and bra, but then they just look at your boobs and know what size you should have - no chilly measuring tapes!
I always leave feeling way better and a real boost to the confidence.
M&S is the only place to go. They're very reliable, and the bras are excellent quality.
I'm an expert I'll give you some help if you want
Reply 13
M&S - last time i went for a fitting i didnt even have to take my clothes off, was in and out in a bout 5 seconds

(thats what he said)
M&S. If you're D+ Bravissimo are really friendly and have some pretty bras.
Festina lente
Yes I do get nervous, but they really have seen it all before, and you never have to see them again! I go to Rigby & Peller, it's expensive but soooo worth it - you do have to take off top and bra, but then they just look at your boobs and know what size you should have - no chilly measuring tapes!
I always leave feeling way better and a real boost to the confidence.

You have to take off your Bra in Rigby & Peller?? I'd be so embaressed, taking off my top I can handle but not the bra. Oh and I wanted to go there aswell :frown:
I'd say john lewis, debenhams, bravissimo is a bit different, but yeah I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 17
I like boobs. They're fun to lie on :smile:
CoffeeStinks
You have to take off your Bra in Rigby & Peller?? I'd be so embaressed, taking off my top I can handle but not the bra. Oh and I wanted to go there aswell :frown:

I am sure they would not mind at all doing it the slow way if you didn't want to strip off.

Honestly though, I thought it would be weird or embarrassing first time round but it was completely straightforward, the assistants are all totally professional and non-judgmental! They only need to glance at you to know what you need and then you can cover up again, they don't stay in the cubicle while you are changing and trying out the different ones, just pop in now and again to see whether they have got the fit right.

Definitely do go, you will not regret it at all, a well-fitted bra is one of the keys to body confidence I think!
QI Elf
:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG. I nearly died of embarrasment in M&S when I had to take my t-shirt off, I think I'd faint if I had to get my boobs out.

Oooh. I feel brave now :smile:
It's a good idea to get measured regularly, as wearing the wrong bra is really bad for your boobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending