The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wow your english is atrocious
Reply 21
Amuroray
I've seen alot of teenagers in real life and on tsr,wishing they had boyfriends/girlfriends or that they are too short or too tall or ugly blah blah blah.

Also the way people go out of there way to make "friends" in situations that they would normally wouldso that they could feel the need to be accepted or are afriad to be alone.

Why are people so vain and insercure about themselves that they go in search of parteners at such an early age or the need to look good looking or to have confirmation of thier good looks.

Cant people be more dependent on themselves or have pride in themselves enough to stick it out on th'er own.

Or are teenager that weak?

Everyone goes through that kind of thing at some stage, though for most people it's in their teenage years. I think it's just something they need to get out of their system, better sooner rather than later. Perhaps it has something to do with hormones?

What I find even more embarrassing is this teenage obsession with 'pop stars' and music; posters on walls, crying over boybands, wanting to be famous, wanting to look like the latest 'celebrity' etc. Terrible!
Reply 22
Amuroray
I've seen alot of teenagers in real life and on tsr,wishing they had boyfriends/girlfriends or that they are too short or too tall or ugly blah blah blah.

Also the way people go out of there way to make "friends" in situations that they would normally wouldso that they could feel the need to be accepted or are afriad to be alone.

Why are people so vain and insercure about themselves that they go in search of parteners at such an early age or the need to look good looking or to have confirmation of thier good looks.

Cant people be more dependent on themselves or have pride in themselves enough to stick it out on th'er own.

I agree with you completely OP, I don't think it's teenagers in general however, it's mostly the whiny neurotic type you get on here.

They need to get a grip if they think they have problems in life, most of them have no idea what real problems are or have anything experience of the world or real life.

There's also far too many insecure people on here.
I love it when people who can't spell or use grammar try and make a point on tsr. We don't care what your viewpoint on wars/famine/culture is, if you can't use the correct version of there/they're/their then you will pay for it
Amuroray

One reason you might find this a lot on TSR is because in real life if you asked about this sort of thing in real life you would seem really insecure. it's easier whining about your life on a forum where nobody knows who you are :awesome:
also when you're a teenager a lot of people feel the pressure of being liked and accepted in society (that may be an overstatement but it is something that concerns a lot of people)
i suppose as you get older you realise there are more important issues to deal with :dontknow:
Uhh...
OP sounds lonely and bitter. Perhaps they were rejected very recently?
Reply 27
Profesh
Do you know what else is embarrassing? Your inability to articulate a coherent ****ing sentence.

This.
Is this the perfect time to merge the two discussions simultaneously taking place here and ask...

What are we going to do about the fact people are being dumbed down and neuroticised on a mass scale?

XXXXX-FACCTTTOOOORRR!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Amuroray

So what, you'd have teenagers walking round alone and 'independent' just to appear 'strong'? Being alone and friendless is exactly how people become insecure.

Fool.
Reply 30
I'm pretty sure your use of English is verging on treason.
Reply 31
Mate i wrote this at like 1 after a night out.

Give me a break and focus on the content.
If you think people make friends and fall in love because they're vain; that they're trying to show off - I feel very sorry for you.

With that attitude, you're going to miss out on most of the best things in life.
Amuroray
Mate i wrote this at like 1 after a night out.

Give me a break and focus on the content.

Bloody hypocrite!! Talking about how people need to be independent after a night out with OTHER PEOPLE!!! You sicken me!!!

Nah I'm kidding :p: teenagers depend on one another because teenagers are bastards with impressively long memories when it come to another teenager doing something embarrassing.

The fact that it will be remembered in perfect detail forever and brought up at every opportunity for mockery creates an atmosphere of terror not disimilar to that of Nazi Germany; people know doing/saying the wrong thing or being different to the expected norm will have ramifications for years to come.

So they zealously base themselves on their peers, changing who they are to match one another which creates trends and fads. Those that don't are ostracized, forced to create splinter groups that do exactly the same thing; changing themselves to fit one another, usually with the added strain of having to oppose their collective identy againsr some facet of the main society. This is why no one really wants to be an exile, it's too much hassle (and those that say they do are lying to themselves to cope with their exile status; at least at this age, when they get older this will lilely change).

Or not, can't really remember the start of this post anymore so it might be total ********.

Edit: Re-reading, I stand by everything before the words Nazi Germany. After that it gets a bit weird/jibbering.
(edited 13 years ago)
SilverDoe21
So what, you'd have teenagers walking round alone and 'independent' just to appear 'strong'? Being alone and friendless is exactly how people become insecure.

Fool.

I don't think he ever advocated hermetism!

In his defence, if you can't see modern teenage culture for the lowest common denominator, morally vacuous and pathetic BS it is then I would have to say it is you that is the fool.
Reply 35
Main_Du_Bois

In his defence, if you can't see modern teenage culture for the lowest common denominator, morally vacuous and pathetic BS it is then I would have to say it is you that is the fool.

This

also i meant people who go looking for friends EG. doing things they wouldnt normally would.Changing who they are to have friends.

Also the vanity of teenagers IS embrassing.
Main_Du_Bois

:lolwut: I'm not saying the teenage culture is perfect, nor that teenagers can't be vain, but it's ridiculous of the OP to suggest that making friends is just a way of helping teens to feel more secure about themselves. Even when that is the case, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Perhaps when OP stops using such atrocious English people might take him more seriously.
Reply 37
Amuroray
This

also i meant people who go looking for friends EG. doing things they wouldnt normally would.Changing who they are to have friends.

Also the vanity of teenagers IS embrassing.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Is this how you actually write on a day-to-day basis?

Ignore social problems, you have a fundamental education problem, in that you're thick as pigsh*t.
Most people are afraid to be alone. It's nothing new. The stock (see also: kneejerk, defensive) response to pointing this out tends to be: "oh get a life!" "at least I'm not sad like you" -- ignoring, of course, that there is nothing sadder than the fact that they are so terrified of their own company that they cling on to other people like persistent little babies, or more aptly, like vultures.

The more mature (but still tenuous) defence tends to be "humans are social animals". True to an extent. Being social isn't a biological trait, it's psychological. Arguably more of a biological imperative would be human heterosexuality, i.e. humans are heterosexual animals; being that our purpose - as with all mammals - is to reproduce, this is entirely true... so do you find as much issue with homosexuals as you do with those who enjoy being alone? A weak argument.

A funny thing about this thread is the way that everyone who has their stock boyfriend/girlfriend/friends setup - their cute external comfort zone to pretty up their miserable internal life - has pretty much voiced the same dissent against the OP, so in effect they have all grouped together to vent against one person. Groups, organisations, gangs, flocks, masses, herds -- these are what "normal" (lol) people enjoy. Personally I can't think of any more sane response to life than to stay the hell away from most people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
I know whats with these kids wanting friends and a partner ******* weirdos....

/facepalm

Latest

Trending

Trending