The Student Room Group

Teenage love is successful. Debate

Are you sure
Against.
1) Most teenagers have little to no idea of what a heathy relationship looks like as the idea of romance for them usually comes from media that are portrayed in an unrealistic way.
2) For most people, being in a relationship is a way to find a long term partner. For teenagers, their life have just begun, their identities are changing constantly. it will be difficult for them to imagine what will happen in the near future, let alone 10 years down the road. For them, it will be difficult to stay together as they will most likely part ways due to different future plans.
Reply 2
I also think so. But then also some relationship became successful
Idk depends on what stage of maturity / upbringing etc. I’m 19 and I’ve been with my girlfriend for 4 years which is a fair amount of time
Reply 4
I am also 19 but sadly I am breakuped with my girlfriend just 14 days before
Original post by Anonymous #1
I also think so. But then also some relationship became successful

They are the exceptions. If you observe the people around you, you will find more couples that break up quickly than have a longer relationship (1 year or more). But of course this depends a lot of factors like the reason and goal behind their relationship, the age of the couple, their maturity, and what their family and friends think
Reply 6
Original post by supcoolpenguin
They are the exceptions. If you observe the people around you, you will find more couples that break up quickly than have a longer relationship (1 year or more). But of course this depends a lot of factors like the reason and goal behind their relationship, the age of the couple, their maturity, and what their family and friends think

Yes we all have expectations. Because of its most relationships end💔
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am also 19 but sadly I am breakuped with my girlfriend just 14 days before

Sorry to hear
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3
Sorry to hear

It's all because of me, i have high expectations about her. And she cheated on me with her ex boyfriend and even I showed her proof she refused to accept that. I give her somany chances because I really loved after that also she cheated on me several times. So even if I love her also said breakup to her. But I cannot forget her.
*Sorry for the grammar mistakes (if any)
That is why communication is important. I hope you will feel better soon, OP. Just remember that dating is not everything and non-romantic relationships are important as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending