The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who cares, BTEC get into Uni with no work, f haters. Not that I am one of them.
Reply 41
MHorman
Depends what you want to do in IT.

Decent A levels in comp/maths/FMaths and then a degree in comp sci from a decent uni would be better for different jobs in IT.

Right then, i meant in terms of not getting a degree
Reply 42
FaraxZeroIncome
Who cares, BTEC get into Uni with no work, f haters. Not that I am one of them.

Yeah i know :/ i just want to know why A level Students think their better
Reply 43
Annoying-Mouse
Do the majority of people who do BTECs in your class have grades similar to you or lower than you?

About 4 people of about 40?
Reply 44
TheProdigy2k9
It's also Dreamweaver and Flash and Access which is not easy.
I would know I've done it.

I know someone that only got 2 GCSEs and got DMM in BTEC ICT. Truth is BTEC is easier then A levels.

What type of BTEC? You can't get into a BTEC National Diploma course with just 2 GCSEs
MylesXD
Yeah i know :/ i just want to know why A level Students think their better

You do know he just insulted your course? And he answered your question:

"BTEC get into Uni with no work"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
I've done a BTEC as well as A levels and the BTEC required absoloutly no work outside the lesson.

Oh and 97% of people doing my course got a Distinction at my college.
It's a joke.
MylesXD
Right then, i meant in terms of not getting a degree

Than you've missed the point A levels are a stepping stone on the way to degrees which then enable you to get decent high paying jobs in industry.

An alternative for those not able to do A levels/degree is to do a BTEC and go into industry at a lower level.

/thread
MylesXD
About 4 people of about 40?

So, 4 of 40 have grades similar to you?
Reply 49
MHorman
Than you've missed the point A levels are a stepping stone on the way to degrees which then enable you to get decent high paying jobs in industry.

An alternative for those not able to do A levels/degree is to do a BTEC and go into industry at a lower level.

/thread

In terms of that, someone could do A levels and do futher Maths and Maths, and would be able to go to the top 10 unis for Computer Science however for someone who would have done the BTEC they would also have to do One A level in maths, to go to the Top unis, that is the only major difference

Do btec want to go to top uni do A level Maths as well,

And yes this is fact top unis do accept it if you have Maths aswell
TheProdigy2k9
It's also Dreamweaver and Flash and Access which is not easy.
I would know I've done it.

I know someone that only got 2 GCSEs and got DMM in BTEC ICT. Truth is BTEC is easier then A levels.

I've read of several different people (on here)that have only done 2/3 GCSEs, yet come out with As at A-level.
So, does this mean A-levels are easy?
Reply 51
Annoying-Mouse
So, 4 of 40 have grades similar to you?

yup :L
Reply 52
Dominicque
I've read of several different people (on here)that have only done 2/3 GCSEs, yet come out with As at A-level.

made me lol
Dominicque

Can you show me an example?
So I think it's taken 54 posts to establish that you can't compare a levels and btecs and that this thread is also going nowhere. Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending