The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Limitless
My HR status is "Assessments to be completed". What does this mean? How do I fill it in? Any help would be appreciated.

It means u have not completed your application, log in to ur asda online account and check under 'ASSESSMENTS' and complete them, u will probably have to do a personality test and numerical tests. Its easy enough. :smile:
Reply 721
Original post by javeriaqureshi
It means u have not completed your application, log in to ur asda online account and check under 'ASSESSMENTS' and complete them, u will probably have to do a personality test and numerical tests. Its easy enough. :smile:

i've checked my assessments and I have nothing there is a button at the bottom which says close I click close and it takes me back to the home screen. :s-smilie:
Reply 722
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
''Application in progress'' sigh, I hate being patient

Hey there did u get any call back? :rolleyes:

Hi there! :biggrin:
'Application Under Review' what are my chances of being called for interview?
I applied for the position of a part time shop floor assistant. Received an email telling me to note my candidate number and that they should be contacting me soon after they have looked carefully at my application, i guess i have already passed the online assessments.. ?

who knows your chances? it'll depend on how many applications they recieve, closing dates, your assessment etc. As for passing the assessment, you may have done the minimum to get considered. I believe they level your score and depending on numbers call all those that have past a certain level back.
Reply 724
i've checked my assessments and I have nothing there is a button at the bottom which says close I click close and it takes me back to the home screen. :s-smilie:

Oh.. that happened to me once, there was nothing in the assessment section
What i did is that i created a new account and started a new application, I guess that's the only thing u can do becuz i think it is a technical problem with their online applications.
Reply 725
Original post by AndSparkles
who knows your chances? it'll depend on how many applications they recieve, closing dates, your assessment etc. As for passing the assessment, you may have done the minimum to get considered. I believe they level your score and depending on numbers call all those that have past a certain level back.

Thank you AndSparkles :smile: ... I am really hoping to get a call from them.. :| The closing date for the job is 27th July might hear something by then or in a few days, btw is it possible to call them abt the application?
Reply 726
Oh.. that happened to me once, there was nothing in the assessment section
What i did is that i created a new account and started a new application, I guess that's the only thing u can do becuz i think it is a technical problem with their online applications.

Oh okay I sent them an email yesterday but they never replied. :s-smilie:
Reply 727
Just applied again. Second time lucky. Hopefully there is no technical faults.
Original post by m00balot
Hello, I work for ASDA and have done so for a year, have worked on ALOT of departments and am trained on ALOT of different things (I'm a bit of an ASDA whore, but I need the money, so I like to do alot!)

If you have ANY questions about applying, the application or the interviewing process, even the working and the way to use a till (if your desperate to know :P ) just ask!

Hello! Its very kind of you to offer your advice for those in need :smile:
I would like to aks you if asdas shifts and hours are flexible (like mcdonalds) ? Or fixed like a contract? I applied to one asda home shopping centre which is a 28 hour vacancy, but say if i got the job would I be able to do 28 hours for one week and then reduce it to 24 or 20 the next week etc? And does the rota change every week aswell? Its for a shop floor assistant vacancy.

Cit
Original post by m00balot
Hello, I work for ASDA and have done so for a year, have worked on ALOT of departments and am trained on ALOT of different things (I'm a bit of an ASDA whore, but I need the money, so I like to do alot!)

If you have ANY questions about applying, the application or the interviewing process, even the working and the way to use a till (if your desperate to know :P ) just ask!

hi

and can I ask aswell, how easy is it for me to get the job at asda as shop floor assistant? (I work at Primark and McDonalds atm). I have been invited for the Asda Magic sessions. Roughly how many people that come to the sessions get asked to come back for a one to one interview? Is it fairly easy like McDonalds, or very tough and competitive like getting a job in Boots?

thanks again,

Cit
Thank you AndSparkles :smile: ... I am really hoping to get a call from them.. :| The closing date for the job is 27th July might hear something by then or in a few days, btw is it possible to call them abt the application?

You're welcome. I think it depends from store to store tbh - I applied a week before the closing date and got an email inviting me to an Asda Magic interview about 2 hours afterwards, so it really can vary.

Just applied again. Second time lucky. Hopefully there is no technical faults.

Good luck, I was second time lucky! :wink:
Reply 731
You're welcome. I think it depends from store to store tbh - I applied a week before the closing date and got an email inviting me to an Asda Magic interview about 2 hours afterwards, so it really can vary.

Good luck, I was second time lucky! :wink:

The same thing happen again. **** you Asda, **** you.
Reply 732
The same thing happen again. **** you Asda, **** you.

Ohh, thats should not be happening, btw you are not leaving the application open for too long r u ?? when i get to the assessments do them straight away, i donno wat the problem might be.
hmmmm. that's a weird one tbh. I have no idea what you can do other than ring up the store you're applying for and ask personnel. Sorry I can't be of any more help. :s-smilie:
Reply 734
Ohh, thats should not be happening, btw you are not leaving the application open for too long r u ?? when i get to the assessments do them straight away, i donno wat the problem might be.

hmmmm. that's a weird one tbh. I have no idea what you can do other than ring up the store you're applying for and ask personnel. Sorry I can't be of any more help. :s-smilie:

No I try to do it straight away. I've tried ringing asda and the reply I get is. "It's all online." :angry:
No I try to do it straight away. I've tried ringing asda and the reply I get is. "It's all online." :angry:

For me, the assessments happened during the application, straight away. :s-smilie: Have a look in the 'unfinished job applications' bit and see if anything is there?
Reply 736
For me, the assessments happened during the application, straight away. :s-smilie: Have a look in the 'unfinished job applications' bit and see if anything is there?

i tried applying somewhere else and the assessment came up. :s-smilie:

i tried applying somewhere else and the assessment came up. :s-smilie:

So did you complete it? Or was that one just to trial if it's working?
Reply 738
So did you complete it? Or was that one just to trial if it's working?

I did it but for a slightly further location. Having a job which is a little far is better than no job

I did it but for a slightly further location. Having a job which is a little far is better than no job

Definitely true. Which store have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending