The Student Room Group

Mentioning your preferred party on a Politics PS

Might be a stupid question here, but im about to start writing my Politics PS, and ive helped out with some Conservative stuff, which of course I want to mention for experience, but is it better to leave out the specific party or not? Suppose a strong left wing admissions tutor reads it...or the other way too I guess!

There really are some people who judge so much off political stance so I dunno whether to mention it.
Reply 1
To be honest I wouldn't, just say "with a party" without mentioning it my name specifically? Then specifically say what it is that you've done for them instead.
Reply 2
I reckon put it down - it's a good sign of a wider engagement and interest, surely? J.
Reply 3
definitely mention it, it's great experience. However, you do not have to mention that you favour that party, you could put in parenthesis that you do not prefer that party. But, they really don't care who you like. If you make a big thing of the fact you don't like a particular party you may sound petty, or even so much that it looks like you prefer the other side! (and it wastes valuable characters!)
Admissions tutors would be unlikely to discriminate against you on the basis of party affiliation, but personally I'd still leave it out unless it was particularly relevant. I think admissions tutors want people who have open minds and are willing to learn; overtly backing a specific party implies that you've already made up your mind in a way that "I've helped out my MP/done some campaigning" doesn't.
I did so and I’ve already got offers from Goldsmiths and Manchester... so it can’t be that bad?
I applied for History and Politics though.
Don’t worry too much :smile:
Good luck with your application!
Trust me, they won't give a toss.
If you've done work for a party you should mention it. Tutors wont discriminate on that basis, and there's no need to say anything about you not supporting them. It shows interest in politics so will likely be in your favour.
Reply 8
Thanks guys, clears that up, ill mention it.

Quick Q also, saves me starting another thread. Anyone any ideas how I can link my Psychology A-Level to preparing me for a Politics degree? Really struggling with this one haha.
Reply 9
Original post by impossible!
Thanks guys, clears that up, ill mention it.

Quick Q also, saves me starting another thread. Anyone any ideas how I can link my Psychology A-Level to preparing me for a Politics degree? Really struggling with this one haha.

the medias brainwashing techniques through political properganda

how public feelings on terroism etc have been affected since 9/11, something like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending