The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fizzyfuz
I hope so. Currently not so keen going same uni with her mum. I have applied to York but not heard yet. Fingers crossed I can get in lol :smile:

Is that for a September 2019 start? Do you know when they will let you know? waitting is the worst.
Original post by AngEllis1
Is that for a September 2019 start? Do you know when they will let you know? waitting is the worst.

Yes September 2019. Not my first time studying though. I did numerous modules with Open university and got my reference from Open university.
Yes September 2019. Not my first time studying though. I did numerous modules with Open university and got my reference from Open university.

Wow well done. This is my first time at this level, Ive done loads of courses, I've resat my GCSE's and got my HLTA at the school i was working in i just hope I can cope with it all.
Ok so commenced uni in my 'middle age' and wonder if I'm quite up to it. Only 3 weeks in but my 1st practice exam didn't do so well, drew blanks when the pressure is on....any thoughts? repetition maybe ?
Wow well done. This is my first time at this level, Ive done loads of courses, I've resat my GCSE's and got my HLTA at the school i was working in i just hope I can cope with it all.

Same lol. I did it all while also working full time. I had no GCSE's, so I sat them first myself with learn direct functional qualification equivalent to gcse and after getting an 8 at the math exam with examiners disbelief I decided to start university. I asked to my local uni what I need to do to get accepted and was told to do couple of open university modules. So that's what I did. I think I have enough grades but still not sure if they will take me with equivalent grade and open university modules. We will find out soon.
Honestly i had my GCSE's but had no proof of them and when I applied i thought there was no way I would get excepted i had Maths english GCSE a level 3 in childcare and my HLTA (level 4 equiverlant) and 20 years experence, the woman interviewing me even said i dont think you have enough points, I came away crying because i thought i hadnt got enough. so you should be fine
I hope so lol. So you have an offer now? I am hoping to at least get an interview. I am already preparing myself as I heard they give short notice to attend an interview. I applied 4th October. So over a month ago.
Honestly i had my GCSE's but had no proof of them and when I applied i thought there was no way I would get excepted i had Maths english GCSE a level 3 in childcare and my HLTA (level 4 equiverlant) and 20 years experence, the woman interviewing me even said i dont think you have enough points, I came away crying because i thought i hadnt got enough. so you should be fine

I received an unconditional at 5pm today. Phew! 😲
Hey, I'm 20 and starting uni next year - can I still post here?

Well done! Really pleased for you.
Original post by Seamus123
Well done! Really pleased for you.

Thank you Seamus :smile:
Thank you Seamus :smile:

Onwards and upwards! Don’t falter!

I have been crying lol 😂
I have been crying lol 😂

Is that relief?
Is that relief?

Happy tears Seamus
Happy tears Seamus

Sleep now. Tomorrow is a new chapter in your life. No doubt, there will be ups and downs. But you will get there, for sure.
Stay posting.
Sleep now. Tomorrow is a new chapter in your life. No doubt, there will be ups and downs. But you will get there, for sure.
Stay posting.

Will try Seamus. I am so excited but scared in the same time. Good night and thanks for keeping me company:smile:

yay well done im sure you will be amazing :smile:
Hello everyone. I am 29 from Greece and taking A-levels this year trying to get into a decent Scottish uni for Economics.. My previous qualifications were a good highschool GPA and 2 years of a Bsc in Physics, could not get anywhere good with those..
Hi all

i am 23 will be 24 when i start my course in aircraft maintenance engineering at the university of south wales.

Currently working full time in engineering but looking to pursue my passion for the aviation in industry.

Slightly nervous about going to university but looking forward to the experience.

Feel free to drop me a message :smile: good luck all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending