The Student Room Group

I dislike university, and I'm ranting.

As the title says.

It all comes down to the flat. My flat is always dead, we don't gel as a group and people are generally averse to hanging out with one another. We've got 4 international students who keep to themselves, 2 people that don't bother and stick with friends from outside, and then that leaves me and 3 others. Whilst nice, bar one of them, I don't really enjoy conversation.

I've made friends with people in the flats above and below, but tbh, the whole feeling lonely in a group of people is becoming a resounding reality. They're nice people and everything, but anything I want to talk about they don't, and anything they want to talk about, though I will do, I don't really care. There's no one to blame for this, it just is how it is.

I'm bummed out by this whole situation. I'm envious of people who found ready made friends in their flats and are now pretty comfortable. Socs and all that, I did initially but then my commitment fizzled out. I'm gonna do more of that after the holiday break, 'cause I actually met people I hit it off with there, but I'm just annoyed by this whole situation and I want it to change pronto. I'm really, really bummed out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending