Basically, one of my choices have just phoned offering me a place in the January 2011 course, rather than September, because the grades have gone up they can guarantee a place in Jan, but not Sep.
The problem is, I'm pregnant. I had planned to defer my entry once I was accepted by a year, but I don't think I'd be able to do this if I start in Jan. This is my dream course, I'm so confused, I mean would it be possible for me to start in Jan, and maybe drop out around summer and start up again at a later date?
This is awful.
I asked if I could think about it, but I've only been given a couple of hours. There is NO-BODY I can talk to about this because everyone I know is at work this now. Plus they want to do a Skype interview tonight and I have a sickness bug and look awful
I just needed to moan. If there is any advice please give it to me!
A really urgent decision needs to be made now! Watch
- Thread Starter
- 15-12-2010 16:10
- 15-12-2010 16:18
just a few thoughts:
are you definately going through with the pregnancy?
It must be due around summer time?
Terms end mid July or earlier meaning its possible you could study till end of term and go back in Sept/Oct after baby is born?
Also (on a negative) sadly not all pregnancies go to term so maybe you should say yes now and you can always cancel later if necessary.
- 15-12-2010 16:19
Can't u call the unis counsellor or something asking for advice making it confidential. But anyway I dont think they can discriminate so maybe call them and ask? that is the best thing to do since they know the answer no one here will prolly know..
- 15-12-2010 16:21
oh and yeah Good Luck, dont worry