The Student Room Group

The great cheryl tweedy conspiracy

She's hardly Madonna.

Yet more or less every single tv and radio show regularly name-drops her, HMV in town is practically a shrine to her, and I've even seen magazines just about her.

Does anyone else find this a bit strange, for someone who in the grand scheme of things is only known in this country for being a 'judge' on a tv show? It's almost as if someone is behind all of this.

It's just getting very tiresome and annoying now, seeing her face everywhere you go.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dd4483
She's hardly Madonna.

Yet more or less every single tv and radio show regularly name-drops her, HMV in town is practically a shrine to her, and I've even seen magazines just about her.

Does anyone else find this a bit strange, for someone who in the grand scheme of things is only known in this country for being a 'judge' on a tv show? It's almost as if someone is behind all of this.

It's just getting very tiresome and annoying now, seeing her face everywhere you go.

She is also known as being Ashley Cole's (ex)wife, and for being part of Girls Aloud, and now having a decent enough solo career. Just saying. But you're right, she's nowhere near Madonna in the grand scheme of things.
Reply 2
You see her face everywhere BECAUSE of her face itself. People think she's fit, she's bangable. You wouldn't tap that?? Looks can go a long way it seems, regardless of your talent otherwise.
Reply 3
shes the ''nations sweetheart''.
Her face is everywhere because her face is nice.
Reply 5
Original post by cantstop-x
She is also known as being Ashley Cole's (ex)wife, and for being part of Girls Aloud, and now having a decent enough solo career. Just saying. But you're right, she's nowhere near Madonna in the grand scheme of things.

That's debatable. Anyone, promoted to 10m or so people a week, can have a number 1 record.
She is kind of typical of the direction mainstream broadcasting has been going in during the last ten years. The widespread erosion of the white middle class in favour of mixed race/black/working class northern 19 year olds
Reply 7
Original post by Retrodiction
Her face is everywhere because her face is nice.

Funny how no-one batted an eyelid for the 6 years before x factor.
Reply 8
she doesnt have any talent at all. however she is very pretty and has quite a likeable personality, and thats why people like her.

i personally cant stand her however lol.
OP, are you aware that what you have described is not actually a conspiracy?
I remember watching that programme that made girls aloud, nothing special about her at all.
Reply 11
She has very little talent, but she is fit and marketable to the right audience - young X factor fans.
The great cheryl tweedy conspiracy?

lolwut?
Not just for being a udge, for being in like.. the formerly biggest girlgroup in the last couple years and for her recent Solo-career

Also, Interesting anecdote, gentleman
What happened to Girls Aloud? How'd this one person (Cheryl Cole) become so successful? Is it mostly to do with her status (or ex-status) with Ashley Cole? And also to be honest her looks and general swag (style) changed dramatically (money), looking at the before pictures...
Strongly agree. Don't watch x factor, don't really like any of her songs, don't see what the big deal is :/
No one cares about her, she's an anorexic piece of geordie trash.
Reply 17
Original post by maskofsanity
The big deal is that she's insanely hot. I very much doubt she'd be this famous/popular if it wasn't for her looks...

She's not. She just looks fake. Conventionally attractive, maybe, but the fact of the matter is that she just looks far too clichéd and 'plastic' (as do quite a lot of conventionally attractive female celebrities); and we all know that before epic amounts of surgery she was actually somewhat of a dog. I personally wouldn't touch her with a barge pole.
(edited 13 years ago)
The media just seems to get obsessed with certain people for whatever reason. Cheryl Cole happens to be current queen bee of the media royalty, for reasons already stated in this thread (good-looking, judge on hugely popular X-Factor, massive PR machine, bumlicked by Simon Cowell and vice versa, etc).

And the funny thing is, Cheryl's solo music is pretty much just as mediocre's as Nadine's, but Cheryl's managed to ride high in the charts whereas Nadine totally flopped. And I suppose it doesn't really take a genius to figure out why that is :rolleyes:

That said, I prefer Girls Aloud's music over both of them :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
You just contributed by making a thread on her :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest