The Student Room Group

* First date, where should I take her? (in London)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
On the first date, is the guy inclined to pay for things, ie. bowling, then coffee etc?
Is it a part of society for a guy to pay for his 'date' on the first date.
Would you feel comfortable with it and would other girls?

Lol I never even mentioned the paying bit :confused:

But I'd always go halves or sometimes take it in turns to buy rounds or he'll pay for cinema and I'll pay for drinks. Give and take really.
My Old Dutch for pancakes?
Kew Gardens? (They have an ice rink and mulled wine etc)
Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park (open 'til 4th January)?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 42
if you want to be a really cool **** take her to trisha's in greek st, 56 or 57 i think. it's a members club but they're very lax and you can get in anyway. underground, hot, sweaty and small, cheap for soho £3 a beer, but good atmosphere, and she'll drip for it.
any ideas?
Original post by Anonymous
Would you feel comfortable with it and would other girls? :tongue:

First date, I would let a guy pay for me yes, I'd offer of course, but if he insisted I'd humour him. From then on though, I would always pay half, or he pay one time, I pay the next sorta thing. I don't think a guy should pay for everything! Maybe just the first date :wink:
Original post by zef99
if you want to be a really cool **** take her to trisha's in greek st, 56 or 57 i think. it's a members club but they're very lax and you can get in anyway. underground, hot, sweaty and small, cheap for soho £3 a beer, but good atmosphere, and she'll drip for it.

Yup, 57. Tiniest place in the world, but great. If you want to sit down you'd better get there early, though!
Reply 46
Ah, London, full of lovely areas for love :biggrin:
Avoid the really crowded areas e.g. Camden (lovely area but not the best place for a first date), shopping malls e.g. Westfield.
Go someone where there are really nice shops/attractions/scenery and a place to eat e.g. I always found having a picnic quite romantic, go someone like Hyde Park/Regent's Park
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by littlehobbit
Just somewhere nice, but not really expensive if its a first date. Just somewhere chilled with no pressure :smile:

"Chilled" shouldn't be hard at this time of year!

To the OP: perhaps one of the parks? I thought the rockery in Regent's Park was really pretty.
Reply 48
Take her to a hotel, jokes, never do that.

Depends on the time and maybe the typical will do:

shop around town then cinema then resturant and finally take her back personally to her house, don't forget the goodbye kiss.
Original post by Guy Secretan
London eye

GAH, nothing better than being stuck in an inescapable (for an hour or so) cabin of doom with sweaty tourists! Honestly! Me and the other half were gonna go since it would've been free for us at the time... we chose to watch the 5 minute '4-D virtual experience' instead then went to eat. Lmao.

EDIT: And honestly, everyone saying park, bloody hell. I get that it's romantic and all, but I wouldn't want to be sat outside all day freezing my nerps off for some 'scenery', save it for the summer! Outdoor ice skating is fine, though, atleast you're moving and all. Still, can't go wrong with some place indoors and food :love:...
(edited 13 years ago)
Ice-cream at Fortnum and Mason
(edited 13 years ago)
take her to piccadilly/oxford circus area....

then finish off in china town
Reply 52
Basically you should actually pay attention to what she say, sometime you can receive clue about where she want to go and most importantly come up with the date plan yourself is much more useful and better.
Up the ****? :sexface:
Reply 54
National science museum
natural history museum
and willy wonka's factory
I can't believe people are suggesting "Nando's", what's wrong with you people. Ew.
Coq d'Argent?
Reply 57
Thanks for all the advices so far but I need a bit more :biggrin:
It's pricey and not really worth the money but the Absolut Ice Bar just off Regent Street is pretty cool.

Hamley's Toy Shop nearby is good fun.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by dalo
I'm looking for some places where I could take her for a day. We will meet in London next week :biggrin:
Thanks a lot for advices :biggrin:

W/e you decide take her to a place you already have been to. It is really stupid to take a girl to a place that you don't know on a first date.

It's winter and if the day is nice I always prefer ice skating and if she is not good in skating it will be perfect for you (you need to be good ofc) because you hold hands and can talk a lot so you can bond over 1 hr skate. Keep a slow pace so you don't end up all sweaty and after the skates take her for a hot choco/moca/late or w/e she like.

Depends what you want from that girl a dinner/coffee + cinema is not a bad idea, because the cincema give you the chance to shut up for a bit.

Other option which is most commonly used is a coffee/restaraunt/bar that is comfy and you like it. If you are in a place you like you will be more confident and she will sense that.

P.S.
Don't try to impress her because that is actually the best way to impress her.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending