The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by No Future
I know med students who are getting engaged. Feels so weird. :s-smilie:

That's ****ed up.

On another note: I am disappointed I will miss yet another London Medics Meet. Damn you, Scotland! No actually, I really like Scotland, what with having free prescriptions and all. We need to save our money for important things. Like booze.

Why are you missing it?!
Original post by digitalis
Why are you missing it?!

I'm at uni in Scotland and it's before the end of term/end of exams so I won't be heading home (nearish London) before then.

Of the two weddings I'm going to this summer, one is a medic, and both brides are significantly younger than me. :getmecoat:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Of the two weddings I'm going to this summer, one is a medic, and both brides are significantly younger than me. :getmecoat:

At least you get invited :smile:

I knew of a few (all very Christian) who got married in the first few years. Then through 5th and 6th year the numbers steadily increased. There were quite a few weddings shortly after graduation. I don't think that either my year or Cambridge are unique in this.

(Only just over 5 months till mine now! :eek: )
Reply 2805
Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
I knew of a few (all very Christian) who got married in the first few years. Then through 5th and 6th year the numbers steadily increased. There were quite a few weddings shortly after graduation. I don't think that either my year or Cambridge are unique in this.

(Only just over 5 months till mine now! :eek: )

We have a handful of married couples already, and someone (not a grad) who is sitting finals heavily pregnant. Brave!
Original post by visesh
We have a handful of married couples already, and someone (not a grad) who is sitting finals heavily pregnant. Brave!

Yeah, one of the girls in my year did finals at 8 1/2 months I believe. Not a decision I would make.
I get a lot of 'when are you getting married' when people find out I've been going out with my boyfriend for 3.5 years. It'a flown by so it feels a bit weird to talk about getting married. Plus I don't know how you get married on a student budget. I don't think I'd want to tbh. If we wait til I'm not a student, we'll have been together 8 years which sounds like ages! Ha, one extreme to the other, I sound like I'm never happy :tongue:
Cleaners is the reason I live in halls.

They are great, but it's too easy to become a slob with them tidying up after me

Me: "I'm not a nurse."

Are you a student or doctor out of interest?
Original post by JordanCarroll

Think she's a student doctor.

Student, I was HCAing.

I would be so disappointed if they asked me if I was a nurse and I was a Dr, but it sometimes does happen to young female Drs, esp if the patients are old.
(edited 13 years ago)
They are great, but it's too easy to become a slob with them tidying up after me

I will live in halls for as long as I can. Just less hassle.
Student, I was HCAing.
I would be so disappointed if they asked me if I was a nurse and I was a Dr, but it sometimes does happen to young female Drs, esp if the patients are old.

oh okay, i should've ruled out doc when you mentioned halls tbh :tongue:
I got the impression it was a "I'm not a nurse actually, I'm a doctor..." scenario,

must've made your day a little more interesting though! :')
Original post by digitalis
Think she's a student doctor.

Haha, jury's still out on that title, but I'd hate to be called it at least preclinical
Original post by RollerBall

It looks worse every time I see it.

I think we have a new contender for forum wasteman once crazylemon has graduated.
Original post by RollerBall

Spoiler

It looks worse every time I see it.

I heard about the writing that was pretty much just squiggles :')

looks beautiful man
Original post by Helenia
Yeah, one of the girls in my year did finals at 8 1/2 months I believe. Not a decision I would make.

I don't believe it was a deliberate decision...
Reply 2818
Original post by Captain Crash

Not to be a gossip...but I heard the opposite!

Interesting - the one in our year was. Anyone I know?

Latest

Trending

Trending