The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4600
Original post by Stanley90
Out of curiousity have any of you guys ever been dissatisfied by your experiences as a patient and what did it make you think ? E.g. I better go study right now so I don't end up being incompetent/a GP lol

Yes, I've been very dissatisfied as a patient on various occasions - the assumption that because I was a medical student, all my health problems were down to stress was one thing that seriously pissed me off... Though my most recent dissatisfaction is to do with the stupid waiting lists at tertiary care centres which I wish I could do something about!
Out of curiousity have any of you guys ever been dissatisfied by your experiences as a patient and what did it make you think ? E.g. I better go study right now so I don't end up being incompetent/a GP lol

Yes, but it wasn't an academic/scientific/whatever the correct word here is disappointment. More in the department of communication. So it didn't make me want to study, it just made me consider how I'd do things differently.
Original post by crazylemon
It is fear that makes us work.

In other news playing badminton against a county while hung over is embarrassing. Fun though.

My holiday is probably going to be sailing and blissful gardening. Yes I am a little bit sad.

I've just had my week in Sharm - and now I'm going for 2 weeks sailing around Poland.

:O

Cool people can do it too :biggrin:
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
Officially a year 2 med student :smile: Passed and progressed. Let the loon grinning commence :smile:

Well done!! I've passed and progressed too, aaahh we both have ISCEs this year!

Just watched the advert for the Apprentice final, so ridiculously excited! I should really get a life. I had thought they weren't doing interviews this year, so now I've seen that they are AND that Margaret is back for them, everything is good!
Original post by mrs_bellamy

Just watched the advert for the Apprentice final, so ridiculously excited! I should really get a life. I had thought they weren't doing interviews this year, so now I've seen that they are AND that Margaret is back for them, everything is good!

Me too!
NO the end trailer bit made me really excited! Love it - esp Margaret - she's still doing her PhD here at UCL

Well done!! Where are you based for this year? I'm not terribley nervous about ISCE's atm - lots of my interviews for med school were multi mini interviews and I really enjoyed the ISCE style of them. That said, I'm sure the fear shall come when I'm closer to it and I look into it a little more.
Original post by Philosoraptor
Me too!
NO the end trailer bit made me really excited! Love it - esp Margaret - she's still doing her PhD here at UCL

Who are you two rooting for to win then?

I suspect it'll probably be Helen since she's been favourite for like ever, but I honestly wouldn't mind Tom winning either - he's probably my favourite of the lot. Susan went to the same school as one of my friends here and she's pretty good too considering how young she is and what she's done with herself so far.

Right, so what we have established here is that anybody but Jim should win this to keep me happy. Can't stand that dude! He should have left ages ago!
Original post by Medicine Man
Who are you two rooting for to win then?

I suspect it'll probably be Helen since she's been favourite for like ever, but I honestly wouldn't mind Tom winning either - he's probably my favourite of the lot. Susan went to the same school as one of my friends here and she's pretty good too considering how young she is and what she's done with herself so far.

Right, so what we have established here is that anybody but Jim should win this to keep me happy. Can't stand that dude! He should have left ages ago!

Jim went to the same school as me (quite a few years before though :tongue: ) I think he is the perfect example of local people talking out of their arse and it somehow working on people. I think he deserves credit for managing to stay in for so long :laugh:
Really want Tom to win. Don't like Helen - she's a bit too perfect. The thing I don't like this year is that the final is the interview so we can literally just guess from now who Sir Alan likes as there's no real winner in the task. So basically Jim is out of the question, especially since he will interview horribly, being all defensive etc.. I guess it's still open between the other 3 but I reckon the interviewers will give Tom a hard time :frown: But Sir Alan likes him soo.. I want Tom to win but I think Suzie will win because of her story and Helens crazy wholesale tactics which meant she is lacking business acumen.
Really want Tom to win. Don't like Helen - she's a bit too perfect. The thing I don't like this year is that the final is the interview so we can literally just guess from now who Sir Alan likes as there's no real winner in the task. So basically Jim is out of the question, especially since he will interview horribly, being all defensive etc.. I guess it's still open between the other 3 but I reckon the interviewers will give Tom a hard time :frown: But Sir Alan likes him soo.. I want Tom to win but I think Suzie will win because of her story and Helens crazy wholesale tactics which meant she is lacking business acumen.

I liked the funny quote from Jim in the next episode with interviews:
"Well that was a walk in the park! With them shooting at you as you go through" :p:
Original post by Philosoraptor
I liked the funny quote from Jim in the next episode with interviews:
"Well that was a walk in the park! With them shooting at you as you go through" :p:

Haha yeah "and lobbing grenades"
Original post by It could be lupus
Jim went to the same school as me (quite a few years before though :tongue: ) I think he is the perfect example of local people talking out of their arse and it somehow working on people. I think he deserves credit for managing to stay in for so long :laugh:

Yeah, convincing a PM not to bring him back to the board room (that was quite legendary), blaming others in the board room (which tbh isn't specific to only him) and not getting fired on Wed night despite being a bit crap that week, yeah fair play, I suppose he has played the game very well which has obviously been great for our viewing experience. That said, I still don't think he should win. It just wouldn't be fair on the others IMO.

Yeah I agree, Helen is way to perfect! But everyone I ask wants her to win.
(edited 12 years ago)
Jedi Jim to win! That guy could talk his way in or out of any situation, and has been very entertaining. Whether he actually deserves to win or not is another matter entirely :tongue: Would also like to see Tom win.
Does no one find Suzi very very annoying and wished she was fired weeks ago?

Also I passed :smile: booyaaaa!
Original post by carcinoma
Does no one find Suzi very very annoying and wished she was fired weeks ago?

Also I passed :smile: booyaaaa!

Congrats. And no, I find her quite irresistible :wink:
Just got back from work, four days after I left. 14 and a half hour shifts at the Telegraph's literary festival is a lot of effort for a summer job but I had a brilliant time.

I got to meet Howard Marks :awesome:, then I liberated his wine after he was done getting high in our tent. :ahee:
Reply 4616
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Just got back from work, four days after I left. 14 and a half hour shifts at the Telegraph's literary festival is a lot of effort for a summer job but I had a brilliant time.

I got to meet Howard Marks :awesome:, then I liberated his wine after he was done getting high in our tent. :ahee:

Howard Marks!!! :O
Original post by Skwee
Howard Marks!!! :O

I know! He was really nice as well, only problem was that all the people hanging around with him wouldn't leave. I don't think they twigged that it was half 11 and we couldn't finish work until they left.
Reply 4618
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I know! He was really nice as well...

So he lives up to his name :cool:

That really is something - so jealous :eek: Would love to read his autobiography - will get on it after I am done with the Fry Chronicles.
Original post by Tech
So he lives up to his name :cool:

That really is something - so jealous :eek: Would love to read his autobiography - will get on it after I am done with the Fry Chronicles.

He was a dude. Jon Ronson (the Men Who Stare At Goats guy) was really lovely as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending